Question

Project Editor - Adding a New Field That Uses Existing Data

• 10 January 2023
  • 0 replies

Background

Recently I was trying to do an export on Sales Orders that excluded all Detail Inventory lines that have the Type “Non-Stock”. I attempted many times to get this simple code below to work.

Each time failed, but I noticed the Type field was not included in the Details line on Sales Orders. So, I tested it on a field that was already in the details section, Warehouse.

After doing this export I noticed all the records I wanted excluded were gone. My assumption is the Type field needs to be included in the Details line on Sales Order to have it be excluded from the export. 

So, I attempted to add the Type field to the existing Details section through the Project Editor. Here’s where my issue comes up.

Problem

I have no idea how to add an already existing field from another location onto the Tab > Details > Grid: Transactions page for Sales Orders. I have attempted adding the field via the SO301000 > Fields tab, however, it comes back with an error stating the data does not have a container. I believe this problem is above my understanding of the Project Editor so I will try to add any information below on what field I need to make this easier.

Also, if there is a simpler solution of excluding the information from the export, I still would like to know how to add existing fields to an established page. 

More Info

Where I’m looking to add the information

The field I’m looking to add to that location

0 replies

Be the first to reply!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved