Solved

Need help with a Selector to get related entities

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

I am sorry I ask so many questions.  I work alone and I don’t have anyone around to ask for help.  I really do try to figure things out and not just ask a question as soon as something doesn’t work.

I want to add a selector to the Details grid on the Cash Sales screen.  The Selector needs to pull related entities from the Relations tab on the Business Accounts screen.

These are the items I want to show up in the selector.

I’ve added the following UDF in the ARTran extension

#region UsrDonorBusAccountID
[PXDBInt]
[PXUIField(DisplayName = "Donor ID")]
[PXSelector(typeof(Search2<CRRelation.entityID,
    InnerJoin<BAccount, On<BAccount.noteID, Equal<CRRelation.refNoteID>>>,
    Where<CRRelation.refNoteID, Equal<BAccount.noteID>>>),
    typeof(BAccount.bAccountID),
    typeof(BAccount.acctCD),
    DescriptionField = typeof(BAccount.acctCD))]
public virtual Int32? UsrDonorBusAccountID { get; set; }
public abstract class usrDonorBusAccountID : PX.Data.BQL.BqlInt.Field<usrDonorBusAccountID> { }
#endregion

This is what pops up when I click on the selector.  I don’t know why Vendor is showing as the ID field and acctCD is probably due to my Selector not being valid.

From my looking into Acumatica, maybe I need some kind of CacheAttached code?

I tried this in the ARCashSaleEntry_Extension.  I’m sure it is completely wrong, but I think it might be needed somehow.

[PXSelector(typeof(Search2<CRRelation.entityID,
    InnerJoin<BAccount, On<BAccount.noteID, Equal<CRRelation.refNoteID>>>,
    Where<CRRelation.refNoteID, Equal<BAccount.noteID.FromCurrent>>>),
    typeof(BAccount.bAccountID),
    typeof(BAccount.acctCD),
    DescriptionField = typeof(BAccount.acctCD))]
protected virtual void _(Events.CacheAttached<CRRelation.entityID> e) { }

Thanks to all of you for your help.

icon

Best answer by Joe Schmucker 1 November 2022, 01:33

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

@ddunn DANG!  I knew about that!  Shame on me!!  :-)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Make sure that you also join the records/tables using the CompanyID column in your SQL View.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

It feels like guerrilla coding, but I did it with a SQL View.  The lookup now works.

CREATE VIEW [dbo].[QTCSoftCreditSQLView]
AS
    SELECT 
        B.CompanyID,
        B.BAccountID,
        B2.BAccountID AS SoftCreditID,
        B2.AcctCD,
        B2.AcctName
    FROM
        dbo.CRRelation R
        INNER JOIN
        dbo.BAccount B
            ON B.NoteID = R.RefNoteID
        INNER JOIN
        dbo.BAccount B2
            ON B2.BAccountID = R.EntityID

GO

[PXSelector(typeof(Search<QTCSoftCreditSQLView.softCreditID,
    Where<QTCSoftCreditSQLView.bAccountID, Equal<ARTran.customerID.FromCurrent>>>),
    typeof(QTCSoftCreditSQLView.acctCD),
    typeof(QTCSoftCreditSQLView.acctName),
    SubstituteKey = typeof(QTCSoftCreditSQLView.softCreditID),
    DescriptionField = typeof(QTCSoftCreditSQLView.acctCD))]

If anyone has an internal Acumatica code solution, I’d prefer that, but I have a demo tomorrow and I needed to get it working.

Thanks @Shawn Burt for your help.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

After a few hours of trying pretty much everything I could think of, I am not getting it working.

This is my current selector statement.  It looks good to me.

[PXSelector(typeof(Search2<BAccount.bAccountID,
        InnerJoin<CRRelation, On<CRRelation.refNoteID, Equal<BAccount.noteID>>,
        InnerJoin<BAccount2, On<BAccount2.bAccountID, Equal<CRRelation.entityID>>>>,
    Where<BAccount.bAccountID, Equal<ARTran.customerID.FromCurrent>>>),
    typeof(BAccount2.bAccountID),
    typeof(BAccount2.acctCD),
    SubstituteKey = typeof(BAccount2.bAccountID),
    DescriptionField = typeof(BAccount2.acctCD))]

It still brings up a wonky lookup.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

let me know I am happy to “play” its a nice distraction when I get stuck on my own stuff :)

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

@Shawn Burt before you invest into this, I’m thinking maybe I can use a PXRestrictor on the field.  I’ll work on that and see if I get anywhere.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Here are the .cs files

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Not sure if my files got uploaded.  I’ll try again...This is the Acumatica project file.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

If you are willing to share your project I am happy to play here to see if I can work it out.

Sorry, sometimes for these odd ones I have to just play with the source :)

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

I think you need to use the Customer object everywhere you are using BAccount

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

I did try BAccount2.   But that resulted in the error:

I’ve used BAccount2 in other places but it probably doesn’t have NoteID in it.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

no problem just confirming what you are looking for.

The Vendor Label I think is coming from the Graph related to the Vendor on the Inventory Item.

So to make sure you get customers I think you need the Customer type, I would need to play a bit to confirm. I know there are other types as well. e.g. BAccount2 so you can have separate caches depending on what and why you are pulling.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

I want to get customers that are related to the “Business Account”.  In my test, I’ve selected AACUSTOMER - Alta Ace as the customer for the cash sale.  The person I’m doing this for had me go to the Business Account screen for that customer and add a couple related entities.  Honestly, I’m not sure what the select statement is to get to the Relations data on the Business Accounts screen.

In SQL, I can see the relationship in the CRRelation table so I know “where” it is.

I’m a super noob here, so I appreciate your patience with my lackluster reply.

I also feel there is some way I have to connect the CRRelation table in the grid to the customer account in the header.  Is the CacheAttached the right direction for that?

I’ll try changing the Selector to a [Customer] and see if I can get any further.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

I think, if I remember correctly, there was a change recently that vendor was defaulted as type if BAccount is used alone. It may have been graph specific, but I ran into the issue.

Have you tried to use Customer (Customer inherits BAccount) instead, or are you really looking for BAccount?

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved