Solved

InterCompany PO from shipment

• 4 February 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

With some basic modifications in workflows. Could you generate an inter-company PO from a shipment? essentially have this step prior to shipment confirmation?

Something like 

Customer <<— SO-0001 in Branch 1 —> Generate Shipment —> Create Inter-company PO from shipment —> 

Generate SO in Branch 2 from PO —> Process SO-0002 in branch 2 and PO Receipt —> Confirm Shipment for SO-0001 — > standard Acumatica processes in shipping from Branch 1. 

icon

Best answer by Yuriy Zaletskyy 10 February 2023, 19:16

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

I didn’t check feasibility, but check this. To create an inter-company PO based on a shipment, you'll need to modify the existing workflow.

Firstly, you'll need to add a step prior to shipment confirmation. This step could either be an approval step or an automated step where the PO is automatically generated once the shipment is created.

Secondly, you'll need to create an SO in the second branch, based on the PO. This could be done by creating a custom action that creates an SO in the second branch, based on the PO. Once the SO is created, the second branch can process it and receive a PO receipt.

Finally, the shipment for SO-0001 can be confirmed using the standard Acumatica processes in shipping from the first branch. This workflow should automate the inter-company PO generation from a shipment, streamlining your Acumatica processes.

Userlevel 4
Badge

@Yuriy Zaletskyy - Thanks this is what I was thinking. I haven't completely worked out the work flow but thanks for the validation. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved