Solved

I think I found a bug in Acumatica in EPTaskEnq graph

• 16 February 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

I am overriding the PXSelect in the EPTaskEnq graph.  After beating my head on the wall for an hour thinking my overridden select statement was causing an error, I simply copy/pasted the ORIGINAL select statement into my code. this is the definition of the Tasks view on EP404000.

[PXFilterable]
        [PXViewDetailsButton(typeof(CRActivity), OnClosingPopup = PXSpecialButtonType.Refresh)]
        public PXSelectReadonly2<CRActivity, 
            LeftJoin<EPView,
                On<EPView.noteID, Equal<CRActivity.noteID>,
                And<EPView.contactID, Equal<Current<AccessInfo.contactID>>>>,
            LeftJoin<CRReminder,
                On<CRReminder.refNoteID, Equal<CRActivity.noteID>>>>,
                Where<CRActivity.classID, Equal<CRActivityClass.task>, And<
                    Where<CRActivity.workgroupID, IsWorkgroupOrSubgroupOfContact<CurrentValue<AccessInfo.contactID>>,
                        Or2<Where<CRActivity.workgroupID, IsNull, And<CRActivity.ownerID, IsSubordinateOfContact<CurrentValue<AccessInfo.contactID>>>>,
                        Or<CRActivity.ownerID, Equal<Current<AccessInfo.contactID>>,
                        Or<CRActivity.createdByID, Equal<Current<AccessInfo.contactID>>>>>>>>, 
            OrderBy<Asc<CRActivity.endDate,
            Desc<CRActivity.priority,
            Asc<CRActivity.startDate>>>>>
            Tasks;

This graph extension, causes an error and I think I know why.

In the Where clause, you see this particular line:

Or<CRActivity.createdByID, Equal<Current<AccessInfo.contactID>

createdByID is type GUID and contactID is type int

My confusion is that if there is an error in the code repository, does that mean that the code repository is incorrect BUT the actual code Acumatica is using is correct?  Is the code repository just a “copy” of code that we can refer to???  

I don’t want to report any bugs to Acumatica unless it is really a bug.  Also, what is the correct value to fix the bad line?  Should I report this as a bug and ask for the real definition of the View if this is indeed an error?

icon

Best answer by markusray17 16 February 2022, 19:23

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @joe21 

Can you replace it with UserID and try once?

Or<CRActivity.createdByID, Equal<Current<AccessInfo.userID>

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Not sure what version you are on, but 21.110.0032 shows AccessInfo.userID which is a GUID.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @markusray17, that change does work.  Thank you for the tip.

Should I submit a ticket with Acumatica about this or is this just something that happens and we just “fix and ignore?”   I’m new to this so I don’t know if this is no big deal or something that should be reported.

Thanks so much for the quick assist.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

You can submit a ticket but personally I wouldn’t bother. The code that ships with Acumatica is a subset of the actual source code and presumably they maintain it separately from the actual source code. They likely just didn’t update the EPTaskEnq graph in the shipped source code. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved