Solved

Workflow / Customisation replacing Automation Steps only allows one Notification Action to be added

• 4 October 2021
  • 4 replies

Issue is on upgrade.

Previously you could add a number of Automation Steps of Notification type. This allowed a number of Notification Actions to be defined. Now that the Automation Steps are no longer supported I’ve added a Notification Action in the Customization for the screen and this worked fine. But when I went to add some more then the option to choose Notification as an existing is no longer available.

Any ideas on how to work around this?

icon

Best answer by di93 5 October 2021, 02:56

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Automation steps has been replaced by workflows, here is a great video you can watch that goes into detail on workflows.  and one more video that goes thru moving from Automation Steps to Workflows.  Kudos to AUGFORUM.com for putting on that event and for making it available to the community.

Notifications have also been replaced by Business Events.  here is a helpful article on business events -

Hopefully those resources will get you pointed in the right direction.

Hi Dan

Yes I know it’s been replaced and by what but what I have outlined is that by using the Customization / Workflow editor I cannot replicate the functionality. I need an Action button that sends a Notification template. Out the box the new workflow can do exactly one of these but not multiple ones of these per screen.

Business Events are great but require a piece of data to change. There is no data being changed when they click the button. I should also point out that the Business Event then calls the Notification Template to send an email so it doesn’t replace Notification Templates which is what the Automation Steps “Notification” triggers.

Try again!

Rich 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Correct, Business Events replaced Screen Notifications, not Notification Templates.  However, Action buttons can update fields, which in turn can trigger Business Events. 

You could create a checkbox.  Then with a new Action button you can check the checkbox, which in turn would trigger the business event.  If you had variability to the three business events you could have multiple check boxes and multiple actions or you could prompt the user for input so to then determine what events were triggered.

That seems like a massive step backwards in functionality.

Thanks anyway,

I might just keep going with C# as quicker ongoing solution as I’ll be able to copy and paste the code into different sites and create the button in code.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved