Solved

Self Service Portal Customization

• 23 February 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello, 

We are trying to create some customizations for our self-service portal, however we are not having luck getting the customization screen to load the screens objects. The screens are blank.

Anyone had luck customizing self-help portal?

Acumatica 2020 R1
Build 20.111.0017

icon

Best answer by yisroel39 23 February 2021, 17:47

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Solution:

The customizing user has to be connected to a business account.

To achieve this you have to give the portal user be Administrator and Customizer roles. You’ll have to set both those roles as Guest roles.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

@rjean09 did you succeed with this, having the same issue

No, unfortunately.  I believe they decided to go in a different direction with the client. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Both Administrator and Customizer roles have to be marked Guest Role. The user type has to be set to Unrestricted External User. 

Users
User Types

@rjean09 did you succeed with this, having the same issue

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I have done the above as well (in 2022R1) and I can get to Customizations, etc. under Administration, however, I would like to use inspector to start researching DAC/Business Logic from within portal but I don’t know how to get Customization menu on each screen. Specifically being asked to make some changes to the shopping cart (ability to add attachments to items, etc.)

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Actually, I see the Customization Project menu but get an error if I try to access:

If I try to set the Administrator role to Guest Role I still cannot add my user to that role.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

I’ve set Administrator role in my dev environment to be a Guest role.

When I do a lookup to select “harper” and add him to this role, no Guest Role users are showing up in the lookup.  I am on 2021R1.  

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved