Solved

Manipulating POReceiptLineSplit records after using Add Transfer

• 27 January 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hello, I’m looking for some pointers. 
On the Purchase Receipts screen (PO302000) I’m performing a receipt type of Transfer Receipt. I pick my warehouse and then click on the ADD TRANSFER button, this pops up the Add Transfer Order panel and I can select a sales transfer. Click Add & Close and the items on the sales transfer are placed on the po receipt. At this point I would like to make changes to the PoReceiptLineSplit records. I’ve tried various ways of doing this and originally I was thinking that I should use the POReceiptLine_RowInserted event to make my changes to the PoReceiptLineSplit lines. But the POReceiptLine record doesn’t contain all the info I need after the insert event, the Acumatica code returns to the record and performs updates to complete fields which were missed during the insert. So I’ve written my code in the POReceiptLine_RowUpdated event. But this isn’t great because when I update the PoReceiptLineSplit lines this sometimes ends up calling the POReceiptLine_RowUpdated event and I end up with the POReceiptLine_RowUpdated being called many times.

I think I might have taken the wrong path. Is it possible to somehow link into an event which happens after the Add Transfer button has completed its Acumatica code, and not use the row events at all? I’ve attempted to override a method called AddTransferLine in my graph extension but I’m not having much luck. Any pointers or ideas would be welcome.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by stephenward03 28 January 2022, 20:25

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I managed to resolve this by moving away from overriding the row events and instead using the [PXOverride] attribute to override the AddTransferLine method. Works great now. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved