Solved

Increase the Length of field - TaxZoneID

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hello Everyone,

We have specific requirement to increase the TaxZoneID length  from size 10 to 30  from TaxZone table.
Since, this field is having dependency with many table fields, unable to modify the length and giving SQL error is ALTER TABLE ALTER COLUMN taxzoneid failed because one or more objects access this column..

I know that we can drop the Foreign Key relationships and make it work but I don’t think this proper way of doing in Acumatica database. Hence posting this question here and seeking for help.

Can you please help me with this?

icon

Best answer by Gabriel Michaud 5 May 2021, 19:47

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

It’s doable, but I think you are asking for trouble. I once had to do it for another field and it turned into a nightmare. You will need to override every single DAC, alter every single tab where the TaxZoneID is referenced to change the length. With every new update you will need to review all these customizations.

Is there any other way to meet your business requirement *without* making this change?

I had a look and there’s 33 tables that will need to be updated, for your reference:

APInvoice ARInvoice BAccount BCBindingExt CAAdj CashAccountETDetail CROpportunityRevision CustomerClass EPEmployee EPExpenseClaim EPExpenseClaimDetails FSAppointment FSServiceOrder GLTranDoc Location Location PMProforma PMTaxTran POLandedCostDoc POLandedCostTax POLandedCostTaxTran POOrder POTax POTaxTran SOOrder SOTax SOTaxTran TaxReportLine TaxTran TaxZone TaxZoneDet TaxZoneZip VendorClass

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Thanks, @Gabriel Michaud for sharing the details.

However, even if we override these DAC files, in the database level we need to drop the Foreign keys as well right (whereever it is having the relation)?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Yup, you still need to take care of dropping and recreating the FKs...

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Understood. Thanks @Gabriel Michaud 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved