Solved

How to make sure that changes are saved to our customization project

• 23 September 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello, 

We've added our web service endpoint, generic inquiry and push notifications to our customization project. However, if we make a change to one of those items and save the change, the change isn't saved in the customization project and we see that the project’s "Last Modified On" date continues to show the date when the item was last added to the project. Is this the expected behavior? Our work-around is to remove the item from the customization project and then add it back in. Is there a better method? What steps should we follow to make sure the changes we make are actually saved to the Customization Project? 

Thanks, 

Dave

icon

Best answer by Naveen Boga 23 September 2021, 15:09

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @dhollinden,

Is this what you are looking for?

If  you  have  used the Site Map (SM200520) form or a workspace of the modern UI of Acumatica ERP to change  a  site  map  node included in the customization project, you should update this node in the project. To do this, perform the following actions:1. Open  the  customization  project in the Customization Project Editor.2. Select Site Map in the navigation pane to open the Site Map page.3. On the page toolbar, click Reload From Database. The platform updates all the SiteMapNode items of the project by using the appropriate data from the database.
Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @dhollinden, If I understand correctly, below are the files you have added to the Customization Project.

• Generic Inquiry
  • Push Notification
  • Web Service EndPoints

After adding these files to the Customization project you have modified these files and you are expecting that these update automatically in Customization Project right?

If yes, the modified files will NOT be updated in Customization Project until we go hit the “RELOAD FROM DATABASE” action. Please find the screenshot for reference.

Hope this clarifies!

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thank you Naveen and xkylewrightx

Naveen, I believe that your answer is precisely what we need. It seems obvious, now that you say it. :slight_smile:

Thank you both for responding, and have a great weekend. 

Dave

Userlevel 3
Badge

I created automaton schedules for some of my integration's. Are these automatically saved when I add the integration's to my Customization Project? If not where do i add them?

Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge

@michael73 you may want to create a new question post for this if you don’t get a response :relaxed:

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @michael73 

There is no possible way to add the automaton Schedulers to the customization project. We need to create the schedulers directly on the instance.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I had the same problem. GI Last Modified would not change no matter what I did.  Clicked “Reload from Database” several times, knowing that my GI was changed but still, Last Modified would not change.

@xkylewrightx answer is what helped.  Went to Site Map node and clicked Reload from Database.  Went back to GI node and finally, Last Modified was changed.  Have no idea if all I changed was the GI why did I have to reload the Site Map??

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved