Question

Difficulty Modifying/Inserting Records in Persist()

• 2 June 2021
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 1

I am new to Acumatica development. I am currently working on creating a Screen (and corresponding Graph) that interacts with PR objects.

One of my first tasks is to insert a new PR Employee based on the data of an existing EPEmployee. I have overridden the `Persist()` method and based my logic largely on the `InsertForImport()` method in `PX.Objects.PR.PREmployeePayrollSettingsMaint` .Relevant parts of my graph follows:

using System;
using PX.Data;
using PX.Data.BQL.Fluent;
using PX.Objects.PR;
using PX.Objects.GL;
using PX.Objects.EP;

namespace PRImport
{
public class PRImportNew : PXGraph<PRImportNew>
{

public PXSave<PREmployee> Save;
public PXCancel<PREmployee> Cancel;
public PXInsert<PREmployee> Insert;

public SelectFrom<PREmployee>.
InnerJoin<Branch>.
On<PREmployee.parentBAccountID.IsEqual<Branch.bAccountID>>.
Where<MatchWithBranch<Branch.branchID>.
And<MatchWithPayGroup<PREmployee.payGroupID>>>.View PayrollEmployee;
public PXFilter<CreateEditPREmployeeFilter> CreateEditPREmployeeFilter;

public override void Persist()
{
var epGraph = PXGraph.CreateInstance<EPEmployeeSelectGraph>();
EPEmployee employee = epGraph.Employee.SelectSingle(CreateEditPREmployeeFilter.Current.BAccountID);
if (employee != null)
{
Caches[typeof(EPEmployee)] = epGraph.Caches[typeof(EPEmployee)];
PREmployee prEmployee = PayrollEmployee.Extend(employee);
prEmployee.EmployeeClassID = CreateEditPREmployeeFilter.Current.EmployeeClassID;
prEmployee.PaymentMethodID = CreateEditPREmployeeFilter.Current.PaymentMethodID;
prEmployee.CashAccountID = CreateEditPREmployeeFilter.Current.CashAccountID;
// var res = PayrollEmployee.Insert(prEmployee);
PayrollEmployee.Update(prEmployee);
base.Persist();
}
else
{
throw new Exception($"Employee not found! Account ID {CreateEditPREmployeeFilter.Current.BAccountID}");
}
}

}
}

Whenever I attempt to insert a record (using the `CreateEditPREmployeeFilter` object), I receive the following error:

```
Error: Inserting  'Employee' record raised at least one error. Please review the errors. Error: 'Legal Name' cannot be empty. Error: 'Employee Name' cannot be empty. Error: 'Employee Class' cannot be empty. Error: 'Department' cannot be empty. Error: 'Default Location' cannot be empty. Error: 'Sales Account' cannot be empty. Error: 'Sales Sub.' cannot be empty. Error: 'Cash Discount Account' cannot be empty. Error: 'Cash Discount Sub.' cannot be empty. Error: 'Expense Account' cannot be empty. Error: 'Expense Sub.' cannot be empty. Error: 'Employee ID' cannot be empty. Error: 'Class ID' cannot be empty. Error: 'Payment Method' cannot be empty. Error: 'Cash Account' cannot be empty.
```

However, looking at the `prEmployee` object at the `PayrollEmployee.Update(prEmployee)` line, I see that the the employee is properly populated with these values. Based on my limited experience with Acumatica, it seems that the code in `base.Persist()` is not recognizing the object in the Cache as inserted/updated.

I have tried using both `PayrollEmployee.Update()` (based on the `InsertForImport()` logic in `PX.Objects.PR.PREmployeePayrollSettingsMaint`) and `Insert()`, but both resulted in the same error. `Insert()` returns null, but I receive no errors from that particular function().

Looking at `PayrollEmployee.Cache` it looks like the Inserted value is not correctly populated  (only select fields shown):

AcctCD    null    string
AcctName null string
BAccountID -2147483647 int?
DedSplitType "PRO" string
DefAddressID null int?
DefContactID null int?
DefLocationID null int?

However, the Updated property looks to be correctly populated (only select fields shown)::

AcctCD    "EP00000006"    string
AcctName "Todd Bloom" string
BAccountID 2896 int?
ClassID "EMPHOURLY" string
DedSplitType "PRO" string
DefAddressID 3207 int?
DefContactID 3209 int?
DefLocationID 3131 int?

0 replies

Be the first to reply!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved