• 6 replies

How can I deactivate tenants?

icon

Best answer by vkumar 1 December 2021, 03:38

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @Kristinat  According to me, we do NOT have that option to deactivate the tenants, but we can delete the tenants if tenants are NOT required anymore.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Kristinat 

Another alternative is to move the tenant to ‘Test’ mode. When you move a tenant to ‘Test’ mode, it allows only 2 concurrent users and will be in ‘Trial’ mode. It wont allow you to revert to production mode from Test mode though. 

You can use this when you don't want Test tenants utilize licensed Tenant limit.

Regards,

Oh, good to know. Thank you !

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi @Kristinat 

Another alternative is to move the tenant to ‘Test’ mode. When you move a tenant to ‘Test’ mode, it allows only 2 concurrent users and will be in ‘Trial’ mode. It wont allow you to revert to production mode from Test mode though. 

You can use this when you don't want Test tenants utilize licensed Tenant limit.

Regards,

@vkumar the alternative to revert to production would be to copy Test tenants to new tenant and then convert the new tenant to production. Correct me if I’m wrong!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @Kristinat 

How can I deactivate tenants?

Summary on the options available

1. If you don’t need this instance, take a snapshot (if required) for backup and delete the tenant.
    1. Tip: if it is SAAS tenant, we always take a snapshot and restore in a Local server for future reference. This will save SAAS resources like database size.
  2. If you need to work on this instance at a later stage,
    1. Add a comment like “DONOTUSE” to the login name
    2. Change to Test tenant, as indicated by @vkumar 

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @ChandrasekharM @Vinay K 

The workarounds/tricks to get data of Test tenant suggested by you does work. With snapshots, one has to keep in mind the size limit of 1 GB on Saas instances. 

I intended to mention that the operation of switching to ‘Test tenant’ cannot be reverted.

• One can create a ‘new’ tenant in production mode and copy Test tenant data to new tenant. 

You do get an explicit message indicating the limitation while switching a tenant to ‘Test mode’.

Regards,

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved