Solved

Customizing the Manufacturing module

• 23 March 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

This really shows my noobness.  I have a request to modify a Manufacturing screen.  Is that possible?  If so, will I be able to get access to the Code Repository for that edition so that I can leverage existing code?

Also, is there demo data for Manufacturing?

Thanks!

Joe

icon

Best answer by Hughes Beausejour 23 March 2021, 17:10

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi Joe,

You should be able to turn on the Manufacturing functionality within the Enable/Disable Features screen and there is existing demo data available once you turn that on.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Yes the manufacturing module is customizable. The source code is under the PX.Objects.AM namespace and is available in recent Acumatica versions:

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Thank you all so much for the quick reply!!!  I should have mentioned that my customer is is 2020 R1.

I don’t think mfg is embedded in that version so I downloaded this and installed the customization.  

I am not sure if that changes the answers above. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

You can install 2020 R2 to get the source code. It hasn’t changed much, main difference is that it was in JAMS.AM namespace instead of PX.Objects.AM. If you’re building a compiled customization you will need to add a reference to the JAMS.DLL file inside the manufacturing customization. I would recommend to update customer version instead.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved