Solved

How do I Default Owner for Business Account and Contact from Lead Owner

• 6 May 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Our current process is to create a Lead complete with New Contact and Business Name.

We desire to default Lead Owner to Operator entering the Lead as well default respective New Business Account and Contact Owner from Lead Owner.

Is there a way to setup Acumatica to accomplish this ?

I have both entered Leads manually and from Import Scenario, setting Owner manually, converting to Business Account and Contact without the Owner copying over.

icon

Best answer by jlpatch 8 May 2023, 03:06

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Unfortunately, these master data objects are not subject to Assignment and Approval Maps.  In addition whilst the Rules within the maps are logical cover a lot of scope, they could be much more powerful.  i.e. Only supports predefined tables and does not support formulas.

Thus you are left with using a Business Event.  This is not a bad option, in fact its a very powerful option.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thank you @jlpatch 

Business Events only alerts of a condition, correct ?

Then a human will need to act on the respective condition ?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello DonGreen

Business Event can be used to update the records.  i.e. assign the Owner and/or workgroup.  The first step is create a GI that identifies the records to be updated, and I usually apply the business logic in the GI for the new values of the fields.  Then feed that into the BE and use an Import Scenario to perform the updates.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved