Solved

Want to have PM on Project approve Expense Receipts for that Project is this possible?

• 13 March 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

In Approval Flows a client wants to have the PM of a project be the approver for Expense Receipts tied to that project.  Seems very logical but I’m told that it is not possible.  Has anyone been able to do this and if so how? 

icon

Best answer by meganfriesen37 13 March 2023, 16:37

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi,

Yes, you can approve an Expense Receipt OR Expense Claim by the Project Manager.

Select Approver: Employee From Document

For Expense Claim Approval by Project Manager
Then, under the Employee field, open Expense Claim Details > Project / Contract > Project Manager 

This will populate ((ExpenseClaimDetails.ContractID.ApproverID)) into the Employee field.

For Expense Receipt Approval by Project Manager

Then, under the Employee field, open Expense Receipt > Project / Contract > Project Manager 

This will populate ((ClaimDetails.ContractID.ApproverID)) into the Employee field.

Good Luck!

Megan

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi,

related to this, is it possible to have the Report To in the employee form as approver in the case the PM approver approve itself?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

If you have a smaller group of PM’s I’d follow Laura’s idea in the second link below and add a second set of rules where if the “claimed by” employee equals any of a set list of employees, then it goes to the employees reports to manager.  I don’t think there’s a way currently out of the box to skip the approval step if you are the assigned approver, but there is this idea below that you can vote on.

Here’s another thread with some related ideas:

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved