Solved

Run Billing creates extra lines under the Revenue Budget

• 9 June 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi dears,

Has anyone seen this before? Whenever I hit the run billing, it creates extra lines with no information.

It happened one of my client site several times, raised case few months ago but no luck get answer till now. Today, it happened to me while doing P100 course in the demo site.

Here is the steps what I did:

1. Used template to create Projects
  2. Uploaded the Tasks and Revenues budgets 
  3. Created the Project transactions
  4. Changed the Revenue Budget Level as a task 
  5. Then hit the run billing (it was normal and then tested few following things)
  6. Changed the few things under the cost Budget, but removed the figures
  7. Changed the Inventory ID’s for Revenue and Cost Budget
  8. Changed the billing rule
  9. Then hit the run billing again 

I suspect it is because of inventory but can’t really figure out why or how to stop.

Thanks

Eddie

icon

Best answer by iqraharrison48 12 June 2023, 16:05

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@enhee0702 the system is designed to add a line if their isn't an existing line that matches the same task, account group, cost code, and inventory item (or whatever combination you have on your projects).  it appears to me that your revenue budget isn’t just set to task but it set to task and item so in order to avoid this, you will want to make sure the proforma also references those specific inventory items (or if you are doing this directly thru AR, then you will want to make sure the inventory items are specified as well).  then you will start seeing the actual amounts hit the original lines and not create new ones. 

another area you can check is the project preferences under general settings → Revenue Budget Update.  here’s some info regarding that from the help icon.  this is additional information in regards to what i wrote above!

i hope this helps!

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi dears,

Has anyone seen this before? Whenever I hit the run billing, it creates extra lines with no information.

It happened one of my client site several times, raised case few months ago but no luck get answer till now. Today, it happened to me while doing P100 course in the demo site.

Here is the steps what I did:

1. Used template to create Projects
  2. Uploaded the Tasks and Revenues budgets 
  3. Created the Project transactions
  4. Changed the Revenue Budget Level as a task 
  5. Then hit the run billing (it was normal and then tested few following things)
  6. Changed the few things under the cost Budget, but removed the figures
  7. Changed the Inventory ID’s for Revenue and Cost Budget
  8. Changed the billing rule
  9. Then hit the run billing again 

I suspect it is because of inventory but can’t really figure out why or how to stop.

Thanks

Eddie

@enhee0702 

If the project (PM301000)'s value for the Revenue Budget Level is Task, but the budget for revenue line was set by the user using the value they chose for the Inventory ID field. Project transactions will only update revenue budget lines with task detailing, i.e., with item code = N/A in all situations, when these settings are used.  

This will ignore revenue budget lines with the selected Inventory ID in the revenue budget tab According to the project parameters used, the system created the line with item code = N/A for the AR Invoice whereas the user established the revenue budget line with item code = MATERIAL.

I would suggest you set the Revenue Budget Level to Item and Task

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@enhee0702 I can’t see which lines have the Actual amount from your screen shot, but since your have your Revenue budget set to task only, then you should not have an inventory item on your budgeted line.   To fix this, you can delete lines on the budget and the lines with Actual amounts will come back when you Recalculate Project Balances.  The calculated fields will populate but not the budgeted amounts.

Which lesson of P100 were you doing?  I can go through it and see if there are errors.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thanks for your answer @KushaniPerera88  and @Heidi Dempsey . 

It didn’t duplicate the lines when I entered <new> as a inventory ID.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved