Solved

Need to book cost of non stick items to a project when a SAles order is processed (that does not) invoice

• 29 February 2024
  • 1 reply

I am working on an implementation that involves Non stock items on Sales Orders.
There are two workflows involved Counter sales and Project Sales.
We have 2 different order types setup; one with Invoicing for Counter sales and one WITHOUT  Invoicing for Project sales (material issue only).
The system is set to assign the cost on sales.
It appears that the cost side of the transaction gets generated when the Invoice is processed, si this works for the Contract Sales.
For Project Sales order no cost transaction are ever created.

How do I get the cost of the nonstock item to hit the project without Invoicing?.

There was a change in the Service module that seems to have address this process for a service Order and this functionality seems to be missing from the Sales Order workflow

icon

Best answer by tkapuenene36 1 March 2024, 00:31

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 1

Hi @dcarl51, I had a similar scenario and here's the work around I've used. You can process the project transaction (Module=PM) with the correct combination (Project, Project Task, Cost Codes, (Based on the cost budget level settings) and Account group). Quick question do you want to update the GL once the transaction is released? if yes please specify the debit and credit account on the line. if you do not want to update the GL you can leave them empty. Hope this helps.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved