Question

How to setup the Description for PM Allocation record

• 21 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hello Community,

I have been working on Allocation Rules but I am not able to setup a specific description for the Allocation records generated in Project Trxns screen.

And my Allocation rules description that I have setup is:

What is ti that i am missing here?

3 replies

Badge +18

Hello,

The descriptions highlighted in Allocation Rules (your screenshots 2 and 3) become the Transaction Description in each Line of the Allocation Entry. Each Allocation Batch could contain many lines, each Line containing a meaningful description like “Labor, Charge/Expense”.

Your first screenshot is showing Batch Description. There is, only one Batch Desriptin per allocation and it defaults to “Allocation For” + Project ID.

Laura

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@Harshita  The header description would need to be through a customization

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hello,

The descriptions highlighted in Allocation Rules (your screenshots 2 and 3) become the Transaction Description in each Line of the Allocation Entry. Each Allocation Batch could contain many lines, each Line containing a meaningful description like “Labor, Charge/Expense”.

Your first screenshot is showing Batch Description. There is, only one Batch Desriptin per allocation and it defaults to “Allocation For” + Project ID.

Laura

hey @Laura02 ,
So from can I change the description in the Header/Summary area? Or is it only possible via customization?

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved