Solved

How do I reconciling Accounts Payable to General Ledger, in Acumatica?

• 8 December 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

How would I run a report to show me the open AP documents for a specific period? Currently the reports are not tying because the AP bills were paid in a future period, so they seem to be omitted from AP Open Documents by Vendor. Our AP Aging report won’t work because it doesn’t seem to handle retainage documents.

Any ideas on how to accomplish this? Is it a feature out of the box?

icon

Best answer by YasasWithanage76 13 December 2022, 14:05

View original

8 replies

Badge +18

Hello,

I can’t answer your question but want to draw previously posted idea to your attention so you may vote :

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Have you looked at the AP Aged Period Sensitive Report?  This will allow you to run as of a historical point in time and include documents that were open then and are closed now.  I’m not sure how it handles retainage but that’s the one to use for Month End Reconciliations.  The other ones are “Aged as of Date” but are only looking for items that are currently open.

Userlevel 4
Badge

AP AGED Period Sensitive won’t work for auditors. They need to see the retainage broken out.

I am not sure how to accomplish this. When I view the AP Open Documents by vendor it matches exactly to current period. But when I look at a period sensitive report there is a discrepancy.. I assume Acumatica is still trying to figure out how to handle retainage in reporting

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @ChrisWeidner 

Not sure how good you are with report writer but you could make a copy of the AP Open Documents by Vendor and just make it by period instead. 

If you click Edit Report, you can make a new version.

Change the Vendor to the Financial Period and save the report to the server:

Userlevel 4
Badge

@kandybeatty49  I have tried this but I do not get the intended result. I know the report is only displaying Open documents, but if some documents were paid in a future period then it would fall off the report. 

I tried to add filters to the build schema: 

Open documents ( Post Period = 12-2022 or earlier)

Closed documents (w/ post period 12-2022 or earlier, but only ones closed in 01-2023)

I may just need to make period specific & then manually add documents that were closed in the future period. Not ideal at all

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@kandybeatty49  I have tried this but I do not get the intended result. I know the report is only displaying Open documents, but if some documents were paid in a future period then it would fall off the report. 

I tried to add filters to the build schema: 

Open documents ( Post Period = 12-2022 or earlier)

Closed documents (w/ post period 12-2022 or earlier, but only ones closed in 01-2023)

I may just need to make period specific & then manually add documents that were closed in the future period. Not ideal at all

It’s not very ideal unfortunately. You could possibly submit it as an idea for a future release for Acumatica to create the report. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

@ChrisWeidner 

Please try the "AP Balance by GL Account (AP632000)" report. This report shows the AP account balances for the selected period. Documents are grouped by account, subaccount, and vendor.

Userlevel 4
Badge

@YasasWithanage76  , Yes that will work but leads to manipulation for the end user. Thank you. 

It doesn’t show retainage on the documents unfortunately. I may have to work to customize this or just manually add that column.

It would be very nice to have an (out of box) AP retainage report that shows original retainage

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved