Solved

Adding signature line for architect to Change Order (PM643000)

• 15 July 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Our company would like the Printed Change Order report (PM643000) to include the architect contact information and signature line like it exists for the contractor and owner. I understand how to add the signature line and the conditional statements for contact information but I’m not sure how to access the actual data for the architect contact data.

I’m not seeing where architect is defined at the Change Request or Change Order form. Does the Architect have to be added to the Project as a contact and if so would I be able to use the contact values in the report?

Am I thinking about this wrong and this should somehow be tied into approvals? Any advice is welcome.

icon

Best answer by jsieber 12 August 2023, 05:55

View original

9 replies

Badge +18

Hello @jsieber ,

It seems to me that your thinking is normal. 😀

First we Report Designers need to figure out where the Data is seen on the screens.  Out of the box, Projects do not have an ‘Architect’ field.  Ask the users to show you where they are recording the name or employee id of the Architect on each project.  It’s possible the Architect has been added as a Project Attribute.

As an Example, I added Architect in Configuration → Attributes screen.

I connected my new Attribute to Projects module in Project Attributes screen.

Now we can add the Architect’s name on the Attributes tab of every Project:

Project Attribute: Architect

Once you can see where the architect name is being recorded, use Customization → Inspect Element to determine the field name, in what table/DAC it’s being stored.

If new Attributes were added to hold the architect names, then Refresh All tables in the report so you will be able to see the new attribute fields and add them to your report.

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Laura02 Thanks! This is getting me closer. Instead of adding an attribute at the project level I was attempting to use the contacts grid and then define the Contact Role as Architect. I’m still a little confused as to how I can directly reference the contact record for the project when the “Role” is equal to “Architect”. Would this approach work and do you have any guidance you can provide. Thanks in advance!

Badge +18

Hello @jsieber ,

Can you show a screen shot of the Contacts grid/Contact Role mentioned above?  Neither my Projects screen nor my Change Orders screen has a place to store Contacts.

Looking again at Projects screen, I noticed an Employees tab.  If you are not already using Employees tab to restrict Employees, and if the Architect is one of your employees, using Employees tab might be an easy way to connect the correct employee’s contact information to each project, for printing their architect contact data with the signature line on the Change Orders.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi Laura,

Here is my contacts tab/grid which is located at the Project level. The architect is a vendor, so they are entered as such and not an actual employee. Thanks again for your advice!

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Laura02 Sorry, I forgot to tag you when I posted the screen shot of the project contacts. I see that project contacts are stored in the ProjectContact table. I created a Relationship between ProjectContact and Contact using the link condition below.

I also created a relationship between PMProject and ProjectContact using this link.

After applying this, I get an error when previewing the report before even trying to add data, so I know I’m not doing this correctly. My hope once I have the relationships and linking correct I can then use an expression to only show a contact with the role value of architect.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@jsieber can you change the contact to role? when i inspected the element for the role column, i found this: 

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @jsieber were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Chris Hackett yes, I was able to work through setting up the correct relations to access the data with the PMProject, Project Contact, Customer, Contact, and Address tables.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Thank you for sharing your solution with the community @jsieber!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved