Question

T190 Course - Problems when adding Custom Field - Step 2.1 - Duplicate field useRepairItem in Visual Studio Build

• 1 December 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge

When attempting to Build the Project (page 24 of T190_QuickStartInCustomization), Visual Studio generates an error from file InventoryItemExtensions.cs:

“The type ‘InventoryItemExt’ already contains a definition for ‘usrRepairItem’

When I installed Acumatica for this course, I was prompted, when loading the data, which course I wanted to load. The T190 course was not listed as an option, so I selected the T280 course.

I suspect this is related to the error. I assume the usrRepairItem custom field already exists in the data version that I loaded. 

If the T190 course data is not available as an option, which version should I load?

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @rdennisj57 

I’ve reviewed the T190 code.  It seems the InventoryItemExt graph name used in Step 2.1,  Step 2.3  and Step 2.5.

usrRepairItem field defined in one place. but the Graph name is duplicated.

Can you please rename files and use? Or combine the files code in one file.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved