Question

Device Hub and User connection timeout

• 20 March 2024
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

If a customer has a low user timeout (30 min) for security reasons does this affect the ability for Device Hub to run for an extended time with no print jobs?

Customer is having issues with only printing a few times per day on Device HUb and they feel like they need to restart DH to get the jobs to print?  Could this be the user timeout?

Has anyone had this issues?  Is there a best practice to configure Device Hub that will only be used once or twice a day or so?  (note these are print jobs on daily automation schedule) 

Thank you 

1 reply

Userlevel 1

Hi @dsimmerly 

Same issues here. We changed time out in ‘Security Preferences’ to 8 hours and it seemed to help.

Though still not ideal that they have to “babysit” Device Hub. I have a case with Acumatica started, in case there’s a better way to configure Device Hub to not time out.

I will follow up with updates as soon as I find a working solution.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved