Solved

Creating Project Record in Postman - REST API

• 17 April 2024
  • 2 replies

Team - I'm encountering an error while trying to create a new project record in Postman. I've included all the mandatory fields that are required when creating a project directly in the UI.

Here's the issue:

• I'm getting an error when sending the request through Postman.
  • I'm unsure if fields like "ProjectID" need to be populated when creating a record. In the UI, these seem to be generated automatically.

For reference, I included "ProjectID" : {"value" : "<NEW>"} in my request body, but it didn't resolve the error.

Could someone please advise on:

1. What I might be missing that's causing the error (406) in Postman?
  2. Whether fields like "ProjectID" need a specific value when creating a record or are they indeed auto-generated?

I was referring the below link to create request, 
https://help.acumatica.com/(W(15))/Wiki/ShowWiki.aspx?pageid=13f5f5b8-33d1-40d9-83db-3f3dfc5dcba9

icon

Best answer by ruchikasharma23 17 April 2024, 15:00

View original

2 replies

Thanks @ruchikasharma23 . I tried POST, and it worked.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

@Subbu 
I noticed that you are making a POST request. For creating and updating records, please use a PUT request.
Also, auto numbering of ProjectID depends on what is set here:

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved