Solved

GL Error

• 8 December 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi,

I am trying to Release an invoice but I get an error  that says GL Error Actual Ledger “ must be defined in base currency USD only. This is happening in our live environment but not in the sandbox (which was refreshed yesterday). This leads me to believe that a setting was changed somewhere inadvertently by a user.  Any help would be appreciated.

TIA

icon

Best answer by brianmcmillin100 1 May 2021, 23:57

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Upon further investigation I found what caused the problem. When I look at the Financial Details on the invoice line I noticed that the Posting Ledger was blank. This was causing the error I described above.  In the sandbox the Posting Ledger was not blank - it said Actual. The only setting I changed in live after doing a refresh to the sandbox was adding a logo to the company file. I decided on a whim to see what would happen if I did the same in the sandbox. Lo and behold, after adding the logo to the company record in the sandbox I observed exactly the same behaviour. That is, the Posting Ledger was now blank just like in live. I’ve tried everything I could think of but I can’t fix the issue. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Have the same problem with all transactions in Acumatica after customer added a Budget Ledger.  Nothing will post.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Be sure to report this as a support ticket if you haven’t.

Userlevel 1

Does anyone have solution for this?  We have same issue and are at a standstill.

Having a similar issue triggered by adding a budget ledger. Tactically, the issue appears to be that the ledger fields in PX.Objects.GL.Branch are null after the addition of the budget ledger (with no obvious way to update via UI). I’d bet if we can figure out how to update those fields, it will solve the problem.

Userlevel 1

Issue and resolution described in some detail here: 

...though I don’t recall my actions to get us into trouble being as negligent as described in the article.

Despite upgrading to 2020 R2 Update 11 (20.211.0037) or later -or- 2021 R1 Update 1 (21.101.0047) or later being the only resolutions prescribed, Acumatica support was able to “Apply a Patch” to our 2020 R2 Update 7 (20.207.0012) that got us posting again.

I had this same issue with 22R2. I removed the “Actual” Ledger from Companies and re-added it. The issue went away. The environment was a SandBox.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved