Solved

Does anyone know how to get Cheks to print in Alphabetical order?

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

It looks like they are set to print with the Acumatica Ref # order.

icon

Best answer by dgross54 23 March 2022, 16:39

View original

28 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Sort them before printing.

Userlevel 5
Badge

Using 2021 R1 here. 

I tried sorting before printing using the Vendor Ref column, still came out in the system generated order. We sorted by vendor, checked the bills we wanted to make checks for, hit prepare, went to processing, sorted by vendor, hit print, but the check output was still in system order.

Are we no longer able to control the order or did I err somewhere in my process?

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

We have also tried sorting all the screens but no luck...

Userlevel 5
Badge

Sorting worked BEFORE we upgraded to 2021 R1. I think this feature is now bugged, moved, or intentionally deprecated to make our lives harder :D

I sure hope someone knows how to fix this. We’re printing hundreds of checks daily and not having them in vendor order is error prone and costly.

Userlevel 2
Badge

I’ve posted a Product Idea related to this...(if you could upvote).  We are also having problems and are using 2021 R1. Thanks!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Oh no!  We are getting ready to upgrade to 2021 and have seen that the Checks Pending Printing sort is fixed there now just to find out that check sorting order is broken on 2021 R1.

Has anyone put in a support ticket on this?

Userlevel 2
Badge

I haven’t.  I just had the product idea posted since I started with 2021 R1. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

@rsudkamp69 @Michael Hansen   Which of the check printing reports are you using and do you know if the sort is affected on both of them?  I haven’t gotten a dev version of 2021 set up yet to test mine on.

Userlevel 2
Badge

@kmckenzie The check register still sorts based on the payment reference number for us.

Userlevel 2
Badge

We have a customer on 2021R1 and the checks print in Vendor ID order not alphabetically by Vendor Name and it is very annoying for them.  Sorting alphabetically by vendor name (or customer name) should be an option on all reports in AP and AR.

We just launched with Acumatica in Jan of 2022. I guess there is still nothing on this as we are still trying to sort from Approve Bills for payment, prepare payments, process payments/print checks but still nothing works. I can confirm that our system is sorting based on the associated reference number from the process payments/print checks screen. Super annoying! Has anyone found a solution?

Userlevel 2
Badge

We just launched with Acumatica in Jan of 2022. I guess there is still nothing on this as we are still trying to sort from Approve Bills for payment, prepare payments, process payments/print checks but still nothing works. I can confirm that our system is sorting based on the associated reference number from the process payments/print checks screen. Super annoying! Has anyone found a solution?

What's interesting is this topic show as “Solved” but yet I don't see where there is an answer to this issue!

Userlevel 3
Badge

Open the remit form in Report Designer

Click on the small box in the upper left to view the whole report (may not have to do this if it opens in full)

Click on the Groups collection and open the groupStub grouping collection

Click ADD and create a new group in the collection

Set DataField value to Vendor.AcctName 

Use up arrow to lift the new group into pole position

OK your way out of everything and...

Save to Server with save as new version name

Open the remit form in Report Designer

Click on the small box in the upper left to view the whole report (may not have to do this if it opens in full)

Click on the Groups collection and open the groupStub grouping collection

Click ADD and create a new group in the collection

Set DataField value to Vendor.AcctName 

Use up arrow to lift the new group into pole position

OK your way out of everything and...

Save to Server with save as new version name

Hello @dgross54 That worked like a charm! Thank you so much for posting this for everyone to use. Our AP department is going to be very happy! Cheers.

Userlevel 2
Badge

@dgross54 This DOES NOT solve the issue for us.  It appears this changes the order sorting of the checks, but doesn’t change the order the check numbers are assigned to the bills/vendors.  Our check stock has pre-printed check numbers on them.  For us, this just sorted the checks in order of the vendor name, but still had the check numbers out of order.  So printing with pre-printed checks is a nightmare using these steps.  Are there any suggestions to fix the assigning of check numbers based on alpha vendor. Thanks.

Userlevel 3
Badge

@rsudkamp69

Sort by vendor name and click Process All.  (If you check the box(s) and then click Process it will assign check numbers on vendor id, not name.)

Userlevel 2
Badge

@dgross54 Thanks. This worked.

Userlevel 3
Badge

This post is great and I am hoping to use the trick on the processing screen but we need to print checks by Employee last name.  Does anyone know how to get the display name changed to Last name, First name?  Or add a field that does that?

Thanks in advance.

Greg

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

What we’ve done to change the print order for these is to reorder the view APPaymentList in a code extension of APPrintChecks.

Userlevel 3
Badge

@tlanzer25 that's along the lines I was thinking it would work best as well.  Not sure how to make the change to the code though.  I didn’t see where to make the change on APPrintChecks but I do see it in PRPrintChecks.

Any thoughts on this

From the Graph: PX.Objects.PR.PRPrintChecks

public class PRPrintChecks : PXGraph<PRPrintChecks> { public PXFilter<PrintChecksFilter> Filter; public PXCancel<PrintChecksFilter> Cancel; [PXFilterable] public PXFilteredProcessing<PRPayment, PrintChecksFilter, Where<PRPayment.paymentMethodID, Equal<Current<PrintChecksFilter.paymentMethodID>>, And<PRPayment.cashAccountID, Equal<Current<PrintChecksFilter.cashAccountID>>, And<PRPayment.status, Equal<PaymentStatus.pendingPayment>>>>, OrderBy<Asc<PRPayment.refNbr>>> PaymentList; public virtual IEnumerable paymentList() { if (PaymentList.Cache.IsDirty == false && PaymentList.Cache.Updated.Any_()) { return PaymentList.Cache.Updated; } return null; } 

I’m assuming if I update the line

“ OrderBy<Asc<PRPayment.refNbr>>> PaymentList; “

to a custom field I created for the last name it should look like this:

“ OrderBy<Asc<PRPayment.usrLastname>>> PaymentList; “

I just don’t know the type of override for something like this.

Thanks in advance,

Greg

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

You can do it in the extension class with something like this:

public override void Initialize()
{
Base.PaymentList.OrderByNew<OrderBy<Asc<PRPayment.usrLastname>>>();
}

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thanks that did the trick!

@rsudkamp69

Sort by vendor name and click Process All.  (If you check the box(s) and then click Process it will assign check numbers on vendor id, not name.)

This does not seem to be working in 2021R2. Still printing checks in order by Reference Number.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

@duanes39, I think this is either because of the filter, or the logic retrieving the next check number. I would first try to order the filter named Filter similar to the PaymentList view mentioned above, or in a view delegate.  If that doesn’t work, you may need to override the TrySetNextCheckNbr() method when it is setting the next check number.

Not a programmer and not going to dig into any code. It just seems this is a pretty basic requirement for most Accounting folks and the fact that it has been recognized as an issue since 2020R2 and it’s not been addressed or fixed yet is incredibly surprising. Two years to fix basic operational Issues.  WTF!?!?

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved