Shipment status broken again, confirmed status shipment can neither be prepared invoice nor correct shipment.

• 29 December 2020
  • 17 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hello,

We are using 2020R2 103 version.

We encountered another shipment status issue.  We are having shipment as status “confirmed”.

However, the user can not “prepare invoice” based on it. It will show error:  

And, the user can not “correct shipment” . It will show error:  

I checked the Database, it looks like for some unknown reason , the “confirmed” column has not been set to 1.

This is the second time, our user met the status mess up issue.  Unfortunately, we do not know how to reproduce it.
Can Acumatica developers do an in-depth research to solve the root cause?

17 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hello,

I do not recommend the below steps. But I used it to fix the issue I met.

Note: Our user recreated a new SO and Shipment to fulfill customer’s need. so the incorrect shipment and its related SO are not needed anymore.

So, I just updated the shipment status to Open with sql script in DB, which is very risky, and I do not recommend it .
Then, after the shipment has been backed to Open, I can delete it from the screen, and then also I can delete the related SO.

But I do help Acumatica can fix this potential issue from the root.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@ray20 , such data consistency issues should be addressed as suport case since it is customer specific

We never recommend inventing your own data correction scripts - there are really risky

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

@ray20 , such data consistency issues should be addressed as suport case since it is customer specific

We never recommend inventing your own data correction scripts - there are really risky

@mvolshteyn

Hello,   Mark. Sure. I truly and fully understand.
Actually, the first time I met such issue, I did submit a case, and got support from you and your teammate.
The second time, I met it, I figure it is quite similar, So I can get this done.

Poorly, just today, we met a third time, the same user. I don’t know what her steps. We have multiple user s and only this user make this error out. But she would do 10+ shipments a day, and she only get 1 wrong. I don’t know why? Any suggestions?
We need to get the root cause. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Following. I have a customer experiencing similar issues.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@ray20 , this should be resolved through support cases. Can you tell me case(s) number(s)?

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

@ray20, this should be resolved through support cases. Can you tell me case(s) number(s)?

@mvolshteyn  Hello Mark, as I said, we encountered this issue 3 times until now.
The first time I submit a case with case number “166486”
This case is solved and closed, however it is only solved the invalid status itself.

The second one and the third one I solved it on my own, because they are similar. And I take very care.

Now, I have enabled the “audit trail”, if this issue happen again, I would submit a new case with the audit details. Does this sound good?

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@ray20 , yes, this exactly what I request. You might also explicitly ask the support not to close the case after the incident resolution, but try to look into root cause

Userlevel 1

I am experiencing the same issue, so definitely would like to know the root cause. I have audit trail enabled and do not see anything in the audit that would point to the problem. I have already opened a case and awaiting resolution.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

@dmangiafridda63 
        Hello, Can I know your case updating?  Did Acumatica tech find the root cause.

I feel frustrated this error happens every week 1 or 2 times.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@ray20 may it be that you use old Shopify integration with this instance?

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

@samvellaHBl7QVBU6C6KqXsC79Q 
Hello, we did not use old shopify integration based on my knowledge.
how can I check on this?

And this error did not happen to all, like 1 time in 100, weird, but it did happen now and then.

Userlevel 1

@ray20 Same here, it happens at least once or twice a week. My case is still open but I was told the developers found the root cause on the platform side and it should be corrected in the next build. I use a script that support provided to correct the shipments that are causing the error, but I am really looking forward to a fix

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

@dmangiafridda63 
Thank you for giving me update. Glad to hear.
Yes, using the script is risky and frustrated if you have to do again and again.
I hope we can get a bug fix in the next release.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hello everyone,

Most of the issues causing such discrepancies were fixed in Acumatica 2020 R2 Update 8 released on 5th February 2021. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @dmangiafridda63 ,

Is it possible to share the script you are using here?  We are experiencing the same issue with one of our clients.  They are scheduled for an upgrade Jan 2023 but we need to fix their issue now. 

Userlevel 1

Hi @Kulvir Kaila ,

I just sent you a private message with the script.  Hope that helps!

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

@dmangiafridda63 Thanks so much for the quick response. Really appreciate it.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved