Solved

Invoice Notification is sent out twice back to back to customer even activities on customer record says only one time

• 8 February 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi All,

I wonder if anybody is having the same issue.  two copies of email sent out:

we use the standard out of box notification templates InvoiceNotification (screen name: invoice, screen id: so303000) to send email to customers through “Print Invoices and Memos”(AR508000) manually.  Customers receive two copies of the same email back to back.  I check the activities on the customer record and all emails, Both places show only one copy sent out.  

Anybody seen something like this?  any ideas where to go to fix it?  we are on 2022R1 build 22.118.0022

appreciate any help/ideas.  Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Missy Main 30 March 2023, 22:57

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi @ksergeev02

I think it is better now.  Few things you want to check:

1. autoschedule “send and receive email - all”: it may be set at 1 minute interval, you may want to increase that to 3 or more.
  2. on the email that sending the emails, for example noreply@yourcompany.com, on the service tab->server port numbers, there is “Timeout” setting, i increase that to 4 minutes.
  3. your network admin may need to check how many email can be sent at one time, hopefully it is higher enough # that don’t bounce it back.

i think it may be kind of racing condition, email did not have time to get sent or recorded already sent, then next time around it is sending it again.  try it and see, may help.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @azhang 

Please open the Invoice/Memo report (AR641000) on report designer and check the mailing settings to see if there are any additional email addresses specified in the TO and CC fields.

When the AR508000 screen is used to send emails, I believe it uses the report mailing settings.

Thanks for your suggestion @azhang 
For our Prod environments we are using AWS SES with quite a high number of simultaneous Outgoing Emails, so #3 should be not an issue as well as #1 where our automated schedule is set up to send Emails every 5 mins.
For suggestion #2 though we have 1 minute timeout so I’ll try to increase that to 4 as per your suggestion and see if it helps.
Thanks again!

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi All,

I wonder if anybody is having the same issue.  two copies of email sent out:

we use the standard out of box notification templates InvoiceNotification (screen name: invoice, screen id: so303000) to send email to customers through “Print Invoices and Memos”(AR508000) manually.  Customers receive two copies of the same email back to back.  I check the activities on the customer record and all emails, Both places show only one copy sent out.  

Anybody seen something like this?  any ideas where to go to fix it?  we are on 2022R1 build 22.118.0022

appreciate any help/ideas.  Thanks.

Hello, I see something like this happen sometimes.

If the duplicate copy of the email cannot be found in that tenant, then it could be:
1. Coming from an additional tenant that has same data via snapshot restore
2. Coming from a TEST, SANDBOX, or DEV environment (completely separate from the main ACU environment) which had a snapshot restored.

One thing that can be done to test this is to add something to the very end of the notification template that gets sent out on the main environment.
Maybe an underscore or something that looks inconspicuous.

Then when a report of duplicate email is provided again, review both emails, and verify if one has the inconspicuous underscore or both have it. 

If both have it, then we can conclude that it is duplicating on the main environment. 

If only 1 has it, then we can conclude that it is a duplicate coming form a different separate environment, or tenant. ​​​​​​

Hello @azhang  
Was your issue resolved and did the suggestion around another Tenant helped you?
For our customer we have the same issue with a duplicate Email sent out but in Prod Tenant there is only 1 Activity recorded. We do have snapshots created from that Tenant but they are more than 1 month outdated by now and there is no Invoice generated on the other Tenant.
Wondering if anyone else was able to find the root cause of the issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @azhang  were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 1

Thank you for replying.  I checked it is set just like your screen shot.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved