Question

Acumatica crashes and restarts

Userlevel 3
Badge

Has anyone encountered this issue before, that Acumatica shutdown then restart itself.

At least once per day.

12 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

@Nelson Yip I have quite a few of those also. I have never paid attention to that before. If I had to guess, I think maybe that is happening every time there is a site recompile in Visual Studio? Do you have a developer who is customizing your instance?

Userlevel 3
Badge

No customization, it just locks up the system and users has to wait for it to come back up.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

@Nelson Yip that’s interesting. I’ll keep an eye on mine and see if it has any performance impact.

Userlevel 4
Badge

@Nelson Yip we have the same issue in a non-customized environment. Thinking it might be due to procore integration, but not sure yet.

Userlevel 6
Badge

Our system is also stopping and restarting.  This is the message I get:

We checked and we no where near any licensing caps.  What can we do to stop these stops and restarts?

Badge +10

IIS App Pools are automatically recycled every so often by default. I believe the default is 29 hours.

You can, however, tune or disable this. Here is one article addressing this: https://community.sisense.com/t5/knowledge/cancel-iis-timeout-and-recycling/ta-p/9034

This may or may not resolve the issue for some or all of you.

Userlevel 6
Badge

Thank you.  My issue is not with the scheduled restarts.  My system is restarting more often that once a day.  Some days, the system restarts mulitple times.  

Userlevel 4
Badge

We made a couple of changes: 1) rebooted and scaled down the vms, 2) changed the app pool recycler time for IIS and set it to 3AM central

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @dougmcbride79 

Could you please list out the customization here? are you using Microsoft teams integration? 

Also, you need to check memory usage 

Userlevel 6
Badge

We are not using Microsoft Outlook integration.  And we have no significant customizations.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

this happened to a client of mine as well a week or so ago, does this have anything to do with SaaS customers vs. locally hosted? 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

We have noticed that this is happening on a (local) non SAAS installation.  The only external integration we have is the Outlook integration.

Did you find a solution for this?

Thanks

James

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved