Solved

Closed Production order, accidentally missed material issues with lots

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Accidentally closed a production order before all material issues were done.

We really need the lot/serial information of this material to be recorded on the production order.

Since you can’t re-open a production order, how can these skipped issues be corrected?

icon

Best answer by PaulMainard55 5 March 2022, 01:16

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @ltussing03  

Have you tried the late assignments from the Production Order?

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Thanks for the reply!

I’m sorry, I am unsure what you mean.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @ltussing03 

On the Production Order, click the 3 dots and then select Late Assignment

Here is more information as well from the Help section:

You use this form for assigning (or allocating) the lot or serial numbers of the produced item to its materials after the materials have been issued for a production order. If On Completion is selected in the Require Parent Lot/Serial Number box for the production order on the Production Order Maintenance (AM201500) form, you must assign the lot or serial number of the produced item to each lot- or serial-tracked material before you move the produced items in stock through the release of the appropriate transaction on the last operation. Otherwise, the system will display an error message, and the transaction will not be released. You record the movement of produced items by using a move transaction on the Move (AM302000) form or a labor transaction with a positive produced quantity on the Labor (AM301000) form.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Thanks for the screen shots.

Unfortunately, I do not see the same things you do.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@ltussing03  What version of Acumatica are you on?

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

2021R1 and looks the same in R2

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

It may be the Order Type. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

@ltussing03 - if the above solution isn’t available or does not work for you, you might need to create and execute a disassembly production order and then recreate the production order so that you can properly assign the materials and their corresponding materials to the completed product.  

You might consider modifying the configuration of your production order types to enable the “Require Parent Lot/Serial number settings, while also change the settings to disallow the under allocation of materials if doing so would not be too disruptive. I’m not sure if enabling the “Require Parent Lot/Serial number” settings will help with orders that were already closed, but you can give that a try.  

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

plmainard,

Thanks!  Since we missed some material issues and the production order is closed, this seems like the best solution.  Sincerely, thank you for taking the time to respond!

Userlevel 1

Having the ability to reopen production orders would be very helpful I would vote yes to have this ability   

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved