Solved

Opportunity Owner Updates via Import Scenario

• 29 March 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I’m trying to run a basic import scenario that looks at specific opportunities and updates the owner. I know I’ve had issues before with updating an owner field on a business account, but not an opportunity. 

Any input? Sometimes it’s the simplest thing but I can’t figure out what would cause this...

icon

Best answer by riglesias 30 March 2023, 20:11

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hello @tsmith19 

Please try to uncheck commit column for <Action: Save> line and if that does not work try mapping the employee name.

If it does not work please attach the import scenario so I can test locally.

Hope this helps.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello @riglesias ,

Thanks for your help. Unchecking commit didn’t do the trick.

When you say map the employee name, that isn’t an option for me under the field / action name. Am I understanding correctly on that’s where I’d find that?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @tsmith19 

Please find the attached Import scenario to Update owner in Opportunities.

Userlevel 2
Badge

@manikantad18 

There was an error thrown..

'<', hexadecimal value 0x3C, is an invalid attribute character. Line 55, position 129.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hello @tsmith19 

Under Owner field there is a column named Contact which has the Employee Name:

So I mapped the scenario to search under this column.
Like this:

Can you try mapping the scenario like and see if it works?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@manikantad18 

There was an error thrown..

'<', hexadecimal value 0x3C, is an invalid attribute character. Line 55, position 129.

Hi @tsmith19 

Are you able process records with the given import scenario.

Seems to be the error is related to specific record, could you please verify and update manually.

Thanks

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved