Solved

Journal transactions stuck in pending approval status after upgrade to 22 R2?

• 15 February 2023
  • 12 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

After an upgrade from 21 R1 to 22 R2 (various builds), I have seen three different client sites have occasional journal transactions get stuck in pending approval status. I have a case open with Acumatica on this, and the workaround is to put JT on hold and remove hold to clear the request for approval. Client does not have JT approval configured and has not previously ever had it configured as it’s a newer feature. Acumatica has not confirmed this is a known issue since they can’t replicate, and I’m wondering if there are others out there that are also seeing this issue to see if we can get a larger pool of affected sites to have Acumatica relook at this as an actual known issue. Also including the workaround above in case others run into this issue!

icon

Best answer by Olesia Alpeeva 5 April 2023, 17:19

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @hayleehicks18 

I looked for a known issue and could not find one but just to check, do they have the Automatically Post on Release checked in Preferences?

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @kandybeatty49! They do have that checkbox checked. The pending approval status is occurring prior to being able to try and release though. The system seems to think there is an approval map yet there is not one. Putting it on hold and off hold then lets it go into balanced status where it can be released at that point.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @hayleehicks18  Is it possible they had approval maps prior and turned them off? 

Userlevel 4
Badge

@kandybeatty49 It is not possible. All three upgraded from a version that did not offer JT approval maps as an option. JT approval map has not been turned on/off between the couple days of upgrade and issue presenting itself.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@kandybeatty49 It is not possible. All three upgraded from a version that did not offer JT approval maps as an option. JT approval map has not been turned on/off between the couple days of upgrade and issue presenting itself.

Sounds like a bug of some sort for sure. I’d like to hear the response from support when you get one if you don’t mind. I checked a recent upgrade and didn’t see that issue so I’m curious what is causing it. 

Userlevel 4
Badge

@kandybeatty49 - So far it seems to be sporadic. The workaround for all three client occurrences has been applied before a snapshot can be provided to Acumatica, and they won’t look into it further until a snapshot is sent. 

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @hayleehicks18  were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 1

We just had a client upgrade from version 2020R2 to version 2022R2.  They are experiencing the same issue.   They noticed that it only happens when reversing a Journal Transaction that was created on the 2020R2 version.  The Reversed Journal Transaction is assigned a Pending Approval status even though  Approval maps were never setup.  But if they reverse a Journal Transaction that was created in 2022R2, this does not happen and the entry has a balanced status and they can release.  I am going to open a support case

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@hayleehicks18 @schase17 can you both check if there is anything listed under the approvals tab?

Userlevel 1

There is no approval tab as Approval Workflow is not enabled in their Acumatica.   Thanks

Userlevel 1

Acumatica Support just responded to my case.  Here is what they said:

It looks like issue AC-266410 that is planned to be fixed in 22.213 version -  I would recommend to review release notes of this version once it's released.

After an upgrade to Acumatica ERP 2022 R2, if on the Journal Transactions (GL301000) form, a user reversed a transaction created before the upgrade, the reversing transaction got the Pending Approval status even though the approvals had not been configured for GL transactions on the General Ledger Preferences (GL102000) form.
Workaround: Open the reversing transaction on the Journal Transactions form, click Hold and then click Remove Hold.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Update from Acumatica Support - the build with the fix of AC-266410 known issue has changed, and most likely the fix will be available in  2022R2 Update 14. Please check release notes of the build before planning the build updates and make sure AC-266410 is included in it.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved