Solved

How to void AP payment with wrong application date in a future period

• 14 October 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hello - We have an AP payment that was erroneously applied with a date of 06/29/2028 in the post period 06/2023. I know there is an option under the Payment Methods screen to allow “default void date to document date” for AR, but what would the solution be for AP?

icon

Best answer by Laura02 17 October 2023, 01:50

View original

4 replies

Badge +18

Hello, When you void the payment that was recorded with an incorrect year, Acumatica renders a Void Check document on the screen. Before releasing the Void Check, change its date to 6/29/2028 with posting period 06-2023.  

Then re-enter the payment correctly.

Laura

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi Laura - Unfortunately we aren’t able to get that far:

Badge +18

Hello,

Please generate the calendar through 2028 and try again. I am not sure whether 2028 periods need to be opened, or simply present in the tenant.  Please try first: generate through year 2028.

Add years to Master Financial Calendar

Since we don’t intend to POST in future periods, I hope it won’t be necessary to open the future periods.

If you still see an error, then do open the future periods and try again. When the transaction is reversed, we can inactivate the future periods as needed.

Thank you.

Laura

Userlevel 4
Badge

thank you Laura, that worked! 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved