Question

Consolidating Multiple Reports for Individual Branch

• 25 January 2024
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2

Hello,

In past ERP systems that I have used their was a feature that allowed me to combine multiple financial statements for a particular tenant. Then I was able to run them together as a packet/binder. Am I able to leverage anything within Acumatica that would put this binder together with five or six different reports for each individual branch within a company? 

Example - Company = Branches within Acumatica:

Regards,

Brandon McIlhargey

7 replies

Badge +18

Hello,

I don’t think we can link multiple reports together, such as Balance Sheet followed by Income Statement followed by Cash Flow.

We can add a Unit Set containing all branches/roll-ups to a report and then use the Groups button to expand the Unit Set to the left side, and then Print All Branches at the same time.

Print same report for all Company/Branches & Roll-ups in the Unit Set

Laura

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hello Brandon,

Absolutely, Acumatica offers robust functionalities for handling financial reports, including the capability to combine multiple financial statements for various entities like branches within a company. You can leverage the Report Designer and the Financial Report Writer in Acumatica to create, customize, and consolidate financial reports as per your requirement.  Remember, while setting this up, it’s crucial to have a clear understanding of the financial structure of your branches and how they roll up into the company’s overall financials. This ensures that the reports are not only well-organized but also accurately represent the financial performance and position of your branches as well as your company as a whole.

Here’s some more details on this topic:

1. Define Your Financial Reports:

2. Consolidation Feature:

• Acumatica provides a consolidation feature where you can combine financial data from multiple branches.
    • You can set up a consolidation unit for each branch and then consolidate these units into a single parent unit.
    • The system allows for adjustments and eliminations typically needed during consolidation.
  3. Create a Report Packet:

• Once your individual reports are ready and you have your consolidated figures, you can use the Report Designer to bundle these reports into a single packet.
    • Acumatica allows you to define a report set where you can include multiple reports. You can specify the order of the reports and set up the criteria for when each report should be included. We refer to these as sub-reports.
    • This packet can then be run with a single click, generating all the included reports in the sequence you’ve set. 
  4. Automate and Distribute:

• You can schedule these report packets to be generated at regular intervals automatically.
    • Furthermore, Acumatica supports distribution of reports via email or by saving them to a specific location in a format of your choice.
  5. Security and Access Control:

• Acumatica allows you to control who has access to these reports or packets, ensuring that sensitive financial data is only visible to authorized personnel.
  6. Utilize Templates if Available:

• Check if there are predefined templates in Acumatica that closely match your reporting needs. Templates or out of the box reports can significantly reduce the time required to set up your customized financial reports.

Here’s some other examples to your question from the community:
ARM Reports - Unit set by sub account Segment

Consolidated Financial Statements

If you need more detailed guidance or have specific requirements, I would recommend reaching out to your Acumatica support representative or a certified Acumatica consultant who can provide tailored assistance based on your business structure and reporting needs.

Feel free to ask if you have more questions or need further assistance!

Regards,

James

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Quickest and easiest (but still not simple) if you want them emailed would be to use a Scheduled Business Event and add them to the Reports Attached by Report ID section of the email template. 

This way multiple reports would run and send as PDFs, this can be a little challenging to get all the parameters right and reports to look organized in a PDF. 

You can add various reports, ARM report and reports from the report designer.  

If they can all be built in report designer, then finding some kind of header table, such as Financial Period, then several sub reports as mentioned in #3 of James post.

If you want to organize them in groups, you can place them in multiple workspaces using the Site Map. 

So for example add a Workspace called Reports, then add a Section for each of your bundles or groups of reports. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Quickest and easiest (but still not simple) if you want them emailed would be to use a Scheduled Business Event and add them to the Reports Attached by Report ID section of the email template. 

This way multiple reports would run and send as PDFs, this can be a little challenging to get all the parameters right and reports to look organized in a PDF. 

You can add various reports, ARM report and reports from the report designer.  

If they can all be built in report designer, then finding some kind of header table, such as Financial Period, then several sub reports as mentioned in #3 of James post.

If you want to organize them in groups, you can place them in multiple workspaces using the Site Map. 

So for example add a Workspace called Reports, then add a Section for each of your bundles or groups of reports. 

I’m glad @bryanb39 jumped on here. He’s the go-to report guy for our company when anyone gets stuck and designed most of the reports we have at Redmond.  Scheduling these reports is a great tip. Another thought that Bryan may be able to expand more on is extracting the data from Acumatica and consolidating it into another tool like PowerBI… But that may be outside the scope of your original question. 😉 

Userlevel 2

Thank you for all the responses, it is great to be apart of a community that is willing to spend time to assist one and another! 

Please allow me to clarify my ask to better get to the root of the solution that I am looking for. I am trying to create a report group that pulls in the Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Trial Balance, and a Summary Trial Balance report for an individual branch. I would then need to run this “binder” for the 30+ branches. I did not see this feature within my business event scheduler, is there a path that you could provide that I can follow to be able to do this?

Warm regards,

Brandon McIlhargey

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @brandonm were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 2

Hello Chris,

I unfortunately did not find the solution that I was looking for and am still running 5+ different reports for all branches and them manually combining the PDFs. I put together this style of packet/binder for each individual branch. I was looking for a solution that would allow me to combine these reports and run them individually for all branches.      

Regards,

Brandon McIlhargey

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved