Solved

COA characters and sorting

• 18 January 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi Acumatica,

We have some queries regarding the standard capabilities of Acumatica.

1. In Account Code in the Chart of Account Screen is there a way or a setup to exceed for than 10 characters?
  2. In Sorting of Account Code. Is there a way not to sort the coding?                               Thank you!                       

icon

Best answer by vkumar 19 January 2023, 05:28

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @Fie 

1. To extend the number of max length for the GL COA, it would have to be done in the data base, which is not always recommended but can be done. The 10 character is hard coded in Acumatica. 
  2. As far as sorting, can you explain a bit more what you are looking for?
Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi Miss @kandybeatty49 ,

1. This is noted, but where i could do this set up for further testing?
  2. By default account code in the chart of accounts screen do the sorting itself.                     For example. When I upload the data of Account A0001,L0001,L0002,E0001                       The result becomes like this.                                                                                        A0001                                                                                                                               E0001                                                                                                                             L0001                                                                                                                            L0002                                                                                                                                 but my requirements should be like this, (The way we template this code, should not follow the sorting of A-Z)                             A0001                                                                                                                                    L0001                                                                                                             L0002                                                                                                                            E0001                                                                                                                                     Is this requirements a possible?
Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Fie 

On Chart of account screen, you can sort the content on required (one) column. If you prefer to sort the content on more than one column, you may use a custom Generic inquiry. I am attaching a sample Generic inquiry (xml file), I have not added the sort order on this GI. You can add required sort order. 

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Userlevel 3
Badge

Go to Segmented Keys and increase the length you desire.

For sorting please specify details your requirements.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved