Solved

Supplying Inventory Balances For Testing Purposes

• 10 March 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Does anyone have thoughts on how I might supply inventory balances to the system externally without having to manage inflows (Purchase Receipts) and outflows (selling stock from the warehouse)?

As we test transitioning from our old system, we’d like to use the balances from the old system but allow the new system to enforce order limits, etc.

I’m guessing this is not a thing, but I’m curious if anyone has any clever tricks to make this work...

icon

Best answer by Kandy Beatty 10 March 2022, 23:30

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @rosenjon 

What about Inventory Receipts? I know you can use those to bring in balances. 

You could also do an import scenario to bring them in as well. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

@kbeatty21 I can do that. However, how do I synchronize the balance with the external system? What happens when a certain item gets sold in the external system and inventory is reduced by 10? Would I have to trigger the sale in Acumatica? I’m trying to do something where I can just flip a single number and that’s the new inventory balance...

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

@rosenjon 

What is the external system? Are you using a connector between Acumatica and an eCommerce platform?

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

No it’s just our legacy ERP system. We push the data out programmatically and use the REST APIs in Acumatica to push it in.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

@kbeatty21 I can do that. However, how do I synchronize the balance with the external system? What happens when a certain item gets sold in the external system and inventory is reduced by 10? Would I have to trigger the sale in Acumatica? I’m trying to do something where I can just flip a single number and that’s the new inventory balance...

In this case, I believe the Inventory Receipt is your best option. You can create one receipt with many lines and possibly do that once a day. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved