Solved

Sales Orders - Show Lot/ Serial Number

• 17 August 2022
  • 5 replies

HI All,

The Screen Sales Order always shows <SPLIT> on the Lot/ Serial Number Column.

There is any way that we can show the content instead of <SPLIT>?

Thank you,

Yên Chi

icon

Best answer by kandybeatty49 17 August 2022, 14:54

View original

5 replies

We are evaluating Acumatica now, and had a question about line splitting. Currently we sell product with a lot number. We sell most of our products in cases and sometimes as a lot number runs out of stock our current software will split the item into two lines on the pick ticket. 

So if our inventory is 

Lot 123 = 46 pcs

Lot 231 = 62 pcs 

And we sell the product in cases of 20 pcs (ie UOM 20/ cs). 

We have a sales order with 4 cases of product requested the pick ticket will show 

Pick - Lot 123 - 2.3 cases

Pick - Lot 231 -  1.7 cases 

This is really frustrating for our pickers, is this how acumatica does it as well? Does it atleast combine when invoicing? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

@chidao I suggest to report it. The Lot/Serial Nbr. is not changed to <SPLIT> after saving de document with IN Order types but I see that it is happening with SO Order types 

HI @Anacarina Calvo , the system will show Lot/ Serial Number after I save SO, and then I create Shipment, the system back to <SPLIT>. There are anyway we can set it to show the content with no matter which status

Before creating Shipment
After creating Shipment

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi @chidao 
The <SPLIT> will be shown if a Lot/Serial Nbr. is not selected or if more than one Lot/Serial Nbr. is selected for the same line. If only one Lot/Serial Nbr. is selected, then the content will be shown instead of the <SPLIT>. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

HI @chidao 

This is standard Acumatica. It does not just happen to Lot/Serial Numbers, it also happens to locations. 

The <split> issue is common. I have found an older article in the community that you could read other suggestions. 

Allow/Disallow split inventory locations | Community (acumatica.com)

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2022  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved