Solved

Receive and put away error

• 3 January 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

HI! I’m seeing this error on receive and put away. I’m not sure why it’s trying to add an extra line.

The scanned quantity exceeds the quantity in the PO receipt for the item.
Would you like to add a new line in the receipt for the 1 EACH quantity?

icon

Best answer by astormo12 6 March 2024, 00:09

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @estebanperalta54 

Can you share the steps you are taking? 

Step 1: Creating an Inventory Receipt

To create an inventory receipt with the received jam, do the following:

1. Open the Scan and Receive (IN301020) form.
  2. In the Scan box, type L2R3S1, which is the barcode of the location where you put apple and orange jam in 8-ounce jars. Press Enter.
  3. Enter AJ08B, which is the barcode that corresponds to one box of ten 8-ounce jars of apple jam. The system adds 1 box of the APJAM08 item to the table on the Receive tab.
  4. Set the quantity of the item to 3, the number of received boxes of apple jam in 8-ounce jars, as follows:
    1. On the form toolbar, click Set Qty. The system prompts you to enter the item quantity.
    2. In the Scan box, enter 3.
  5. Enter OJ08B, which is the barcode that corresponds to one box of ten 8-ounce jars of orange jam. The system adds 1 box of the ORJAM08 item to the table on the Receive tab.
  6. Set the quantity of the item to 4.
  7. Enter L2R3S3, which is the barcode of the location where you put apple, orange, and lemon jam in 96-ounce jars.
  8. Enter AJ96B, which is the barcode that corresponds to one box of ten 96-ounce jars of apple jam. The system adds 1 box of the APJAM96 item to the table on the Receive tab.
  9. Enter AJ96B one more time to add second unit to the current line.
  10. Enter OJ96B, which is the barcode that corresponds to one box of ten 96-ounce jars of orange jam. The system adds 1 box of the ORJAM96 item to the table on the Receive tab.
  11. Set the quantity of the item to 3.
  12. Enter LJ96B, which is the barcode that corresponds to one box of ten 96-ounce jars of lemon jam. The system adds 1 box of the LEMJAM96 item to the table on the Receive tab.
  13. On the form toolbar, click Save. The system saves your changes and creates the inventory receipt, whose reference number you can view in the Reference Nbr. box of the Summary area.

You have added the required items to the receipt. Now you will review the receipt and release it.

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hey @estebanperalta54 - Falling in line with Kandy’s suggested steps, can you double check that there is not already a QTY of 1 received for that line? If you could share a screenshot of the PO Line and PO Receipt Line quantities it would be helpful. 

Thanks.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

I’m actually doing receive and putaway which involves receiving from a PO with 2 line items, 1 qty each. The interesting thing is if I use receive with Purchase Receipts screen it works fine. Steps to reproduce:

1. Enter PO#:

1. Enter receiving location

1. I entered the inventoryID and now enter a lot/serial# because it’s user-enterable:

This is where I get the warning:

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

@Connor Morse The qty on receipt are zero but as soon as I scanned the lot # it added the 3rd line:

Userlevel 2

@estebanperalta54 I ran into the same issue. The Receive and Put Away screen will work with items that require lot numbers if the lot numbers are auto-generated.

I updated our items to have auto-generated lot numbers and then was able to over-ride that lot number using the Receive and Put Away screen as it still prompted for the lot number to be entered.

The initial process of scanning to PO number will create the receipt for zero quantity of an item with an auto-generated lot number. I’m still able to receive by scanning a case’s GTIN with built in lot and expiration dates. The auto-generated lot numbers are then over written. I not a fan of how this is setup but understanding that the auto-generated lot number is temporary helps alleviate some of the concern. I do believe that it could lead to a receiving mistake. I plan to make the lot numbers that are autogenerated very obvious to avoid accidentally using the autogenerated lot numbers when we process the same items through the drop-ship process. 

This was the reference section from the help page that Acumatica support referenced: 

• “For items of a lot class with the User-Enterable issue method, the auto-generation of lot numbers is mandatory, otherwise these items cannot be processed in an automated mode. For items that belong to a lot class for which the Auto-Generate Next Number check box is selected on the Lot/Serial Classes (IN207000) form, the system automatically generates lot numbers and displays them in the Lot/Serial Nbr. column. If you then scan a different lot number than the one that was automatically generated by the system, the system replaces the automatically generated number with the one that you have entered.”

https://help-2023r1.acumatica.com/(W(2))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=8a849d2b-0a55-467f-b537-28bc6e192de3

It stated that lot number auto-generation must be on for item with User-Enterable issue method, but I found it to be the case with other issue methods. It appeared to me that it is required for all items that require lot numbers for the use of Receive and Put Away. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved