Need to print GS1 data matrix barcodes from Acumatica

• 16 February 2021
  • 17 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

We have a customer that requires the use of data matrix barcodes containing multiple pieces of data (Item barcode and serial number). The Acumatica WMS will read this type of 2D barcode, but we are not able to print them in order to label items.

What solutions or ISVs are available to allow us to print the product labels?

17 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Report Designer already supports QR Codes, which is different 2D barcode format.  Would love to see Datamatrix and especially GS1 formats added in the future!  Meagan, you might want to add this as an ‘Idea’ topic...although there is one requesting Datamatrix that’s 6 years old. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@meagan59 if your goal is to print the GS1 labels to a label printer, you could have a sample customization built that generates the ZPL (Zebra Printing Language) code and sends it directly to your printer through Acumatica DeviceHub. 

There is lots of documentation online on how to print GS1 DataMatrix in ZPL (ex: http://mizardx.blogspot.com/2011/10/printing-gs1-code-with-zpl.html)… it’s only one piece of the puzzle but it seems like something that could be implemented quite rapidly

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thank you Gabriel. I don’t believe our client is using a Zebra printer to create the item labels. Would that cause an issue with this solution option?

Userlevel 1

In theory this could be done using report designer and sent to the printer as a PDF. We are in the process of building a customization for this exact issue at the moment. Ultimately we are hoping that the Acumatica WMS will incorporate the ability to have a unique identifier for SKU+Serial number. This would allow single scan functionality rather than the need to use QR codes with carriage returns. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@meagan59 the ZPL language is supported by many label printer vendors. If you want to print to a laser printer, the solution I offered won’t work, unfortunately...

Userlevel 2

Hi Meagan, 
I recommend checking out eFORMz, a robust forms and label generation tool. Minisoft’s eFORMz is an Acumatica certified application that can be utilized to generate any 1D or 2D barcode. This includes GS1 data matrix labels. 
The marketplace listing can be found here → eFormz - Marketplace | Acumatica Cloud ERP

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

@meagan59 @Gabriel Michaud 

Hi guys,

I recommend checking out Asgard Labels, the most comprehensive solution for Acumatica.  Directly integrated into Acumatica, no developer needed, we support all barcodes supported by Zebra printers as well as other printing languages.  Check out our solution here → Asgard Labels

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hey @Stéphane Bélanger Asgrd Labels looks really promising. Is this a new solution? Could we test it out?

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Yes it is a new solution.  Let’s discuss your needs, write to me at sbelanger@asgardalliance.com.

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Stéphane Bélanger - I have a discussion with our VAR tomorrow re: options for label printing. I’ll send you an email as well to see when we can connect. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I read that 2022R2 supports this now. Still exploring it myself but might be something to check-out.

Does anybody here have successfully implemented this yet in 2022R2 for a customer or themselves?

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

@krausef77 Asgard Labels is now the official Fulfilled By Acumatica solution for printing labels with any barcode supported by your printers. It's already live for a few months with a customer in the Electronic industry using Datamatrix ISO 06 barcodes. 

Userlevel 1

Hi meagan59, I am not sure whether is helpful and just sharing my opinion and suggestion to you.

If I didn’t get wrong, you just need to help your client to print out the data from Acumatica System, since ISVs you are considered.  I think you can help your client to setup the browser Apps, for me, I use Tampermonkey, then Apps/Plugin can run Javascript accessing Accumatica page.  I have tried to capture the data from Inquires and printer out the data with 2D barcodes (Datamatrix) or any external information with customized scripts.  Here are some screenshots for your reference.

1.  Prepare the Inquiry Page
2. Activate your browser Apps/Plugin for your client. Then user can do one-click to run.
3.  Printer our your label directly in broswer or exported to PDF by your customized scripts.
(Browser only default A4 or some specific label size, customized scripts can do any possible sizes)
4.  Scan the barcode and see whether Datamatrix is worked.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi meagan59, if you are interested in a demo of Asgard Labels, send us an email at info@asgardalliance.com.

Userlevel 3
Badge

If it’s just a one time need / you don’t want to set up an integration, you can print labels very simply via Excel / Microsoft word. I do this for our warehouse with a simple Excel export from acumatica and some formatting - a walkthrough is available here (https://spreadsheeto.com/labels/) and you can also configure the spacing to work with Zebra printers. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Asgard Labels is NOT an integration, it is native Acumatica.  You click and it prints.  Simple.  One time use, why would you have that?  Life is an endless stream of labels…

Userlevel 3
Badge

Okay, sorry @Stéphane Bélanger I was just trying to help..

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved