Solved

Management Event & Warehouse

• 20 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Hello,

I need to make warehouses inactive via a management event if there has been no stock movement for more than 6 months. 
Which screen do you think I should use?
Any ideas for the conditions to be set on the management event?

Version Flex : Version 23.1.2312.120 [23.111.0026]

Thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by dcomerford 20 February 2024, 10:45

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Yes but be aware the  the IN405500 is not a table so may not be available in a GI so you may have to build all the logic using the transaction tables to do so.

Hello, 

Thank you for your response.

Yes, I was thinking of creating a query to retrieve the same data from the screen warehouse (non-moving items IN405500) using the last purchase and last sale dates (> 6 months) as a condition to do a scheduled task and make these warehouses inactive, as you mentioned.

What do you think ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I presume you mean you aim to use a Business event to make it not active. It is going to be a tricky one to achieve as you will need to look at all the inventory movements for each warehouse to see if there are any for the last 6 months. If you make the warehouse inactive and there is a quantity in any location in that warehouse you wont be able to sell it so do you need to factor the stock quantities. 

I think you will need a SQL query to create the GI to determine which warehouse is inactive and then use this to drive a business event on a scheduler

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved