Solved

Getting values from Kit specification to stock item screen

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi All,

I am trying pull kit specification information into stock items ->general tab.

Suppose, a stock item is a kit and when this item is selected it would display the details of its components from kit specification screen.

Is there any way to achieve that?

icon

Best answer by Naveen Boga 14 November 2022, 18:23

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @atuljainajm 

If you are looking for costing information we might be able to assist you in this request. But will need more detail. Give me a call or send a email. gary@biz-techservices.com / 818-484-5004 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @atuljainajm  It requires customization. 

You can fetch the Kit Component details from the INKitSpecStkDet Table to the Stock Items screen.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Naveen Boga ,

Thanks for the reply, can you please help with the steps.

I selected the table in the project customization screen but the fields from INKitSpecStkDet does not appear in the list of visible columns.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @atuljainajm  Can you please share a screenshot Or file to know how you added it?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Naveen Boga 

Thanks for the reply, I have the data view as show in the screenshot, but its fields doesnt appear in the visible field lists.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi, @atuljainajm  As you are looking at the Stock Items screen design page, the Kit Specification screen fields will not be visible.

If you wanted to show the Kit Specification fields in the Stock Items screen, you need to extend the Inventory Item DAC file and add the fields, and then display in the Stock Item screen.

Also, to fetch the Values then you need to extend the InventoryItemMaint graph and then have logic in place.

As you are new to Acumatica development, I would highly recommend you go through the Application Developer certification so that you will get the basic knowledge the Acumatica development to work with the customizations.

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Naveen Boga  Thanks for the explanation. Can you please send the link for the certification.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@atuljainajm  Please start from here - https://openuni.acumatica.com/courses/development/t190-development-quick-start-in-customization/

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Naveen Boga Thank you so much for your help.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

In 2022R2 you have Sidepanels on the Stock item screen if it is marked as a Kit and has Specifications behind it:

No need for Customization in my opinion from 2022R2 going forward.
If it really needs to be on the page, please follow Naveen’s advice. He is very knowledgeable!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved