Solved

Displaying GI in tab on Stock Items

• 19 November 2021
  • 13 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I want to display a GI on new tab in Stock Items screen.

For example, there is a new custom GI for QT by Inventory which I want to display on Stock Items screen on a new tab that will show the QT for a particular InventoryID only.

Can anyone suggest?

Thanks,
Idrus

icon

Best answer by Naveen Boga 22 November 2021, 12:10

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @Naveen B 

The GI that I want to show is list of Quote for the particular InventoryID, and I already create the GI for this list. How to customize the additional Tab on Stock screen with GI.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @idrusm52 , This requirement you can achieve easily with Side Panel (Very cool feature), instead of customizing the Stock Items screen from code Level.

Please find the step by step details for your reference.

• In Customization package, add existing screen (Stock Items screen)
  • Expand the IN202500, select the Actions and click on the New Action.
  • Provide the details same as below.
    • Destination screen→ Your custom GI screen
    • Action Type → Side Panel
    • Provide the Navigation parameters.

Hi @idrusm52 , This requirement you can achieve easily with Side Panel (Very cool feature), instead of customizing the Stock Items screen from Level.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @Naveen B 

Thank you for your suggestion, seems I have to pass your idea as we’re still using the old version (2019 R1).

Perhaps you can guide me as I’m trying to follow this idea https://stackoverflow.com/questions/46589837/displaying-gi-in-tab-on-any-screen 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @idrusm52 This looks like a customization for 2019R1.

1. Create a BQL View with the joins same as the Generic Inquiry.
  2. Through Customizations, Add a new Tab 
  3. Add a grid to the new Tab with the fields required. The Grid should be associated with the new View that you created in Step#1.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @idrusm52  19 R1 is Acumatica Retired Version.

If you wanted to go with simple customization, you can try the below option. Please find the details below.

You can open a existing Generic Inquiry from code level and it will display as a side panel on your screen. (this is very simple).

We have an article in Asia blog and here is the link.

https://asiablog.acumatica.com/2019/03/working-with-generic-inquiries-from-code.html

I have implemented this feature in 20 R1, when I click on button I opened a GI by passing the required parameters, I did not check in 19 R1, and it may work. Please find the screenshot for your reference.

Here is the Code

public PXAction<INReplenishmentFilter> invByWarehouse;
[PXButton]
[PXUIField(DisplayName = "Item by Warehouse", MapEnableRights = PXCacheRights.Select, MapViewRights = PXCacheRights.Select, Enabled = true)]
protected virtual IEnumerable InvByWarehouse(PXAdapter adapter)
{

Dictionary<string, string> parameters = new Dictionary<string, string>();
InventoryItem objItem = PXSelect<InventoryItem, Where<InventoryItem.inventoryID, Equal<Required<InventoryItem.inventoryID>>>>.Select(Base, Base.Records.Current?.InventoryID);
parameters.Add("InventoryID", objItem?.InventoryCD.Trim().ToString());
parameters.Add("SidePanelName", sidePanelName);

throw new PXRedirectToGIRequiredException("InventoryItem by Warehouse", parameters) { Mode = PXBaseRedirectException.WindowMode.Layer };
}

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @Naveen B That was an useful code for this community.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @idrusm52 In addition, if you are just looking open the Generic Itself as a popup using Customization code in 2019R1, please use the below link that provides an example to open another screen as popup. 

You can try this code to open the GI.

Please note to pass the parameter that you require on the GI.

Reference from: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/41639540/open-custom-acumatica-screen-as-popup-from-button-on-bills-and-adjustments-scree

public class APInvoiceEntryExt:PXGraphExtension<APInvoiceEntry>
{

public PXAction<APInvoice> LaunchOpenSource;
[PXButton(CommitChanges = true)]
[PXUIField(DisplayName = "Open Source")]

protected void launchOpenSource()
{
APInvoice apinvoice = (APInvoice)Base.Document.Current;

if (apinvoice != null)
{
AssistantController.OpenSourceDataMaint graph = PXGraph.CreateInstance<AssistantController.OpenSourceDataMaint>();
graph.OpenSourceDataHeader.Current = graph.OpenSourceDataHeader.Search<AssistantController.xTACOpenSourceHeader.openSourceName
,AssistantController.xTACOpenSourceHeader.dataID>("Bills and Adjustments", apinvoice.RefNbr);

throw new PXRedirectRequiredException(graph, "Open Source")
{
Mode = PXBaseRedirectException.WindowMode.NewWindow
};
}
}
}
Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @idrusm52  If you still wanted to go with customization with tab, here is the details and hope this helps you.

• Create a tab item in the design page.
  • Create a Grid control and grid columns in the tab item.
  • Create a View by passing the required parameters and add this view to the Tab as DataMember
  • I have created and shared, sample tab with Grid fields in the stock items in other ticket -  And attaching the customization package.

Hope this helps! 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @Naveen B ,

Is it possible to combine below code or GI after create a tab item in the design page?

PXSiteMapNode node = PXSiteMap.Provider.FindSiteMapNodeByScreenID(“GI000009”);
throw new PXRedirectRequiredException(node.Url, PXGenericInqGrph.CreateInstance(),
PXBaseRedirectException.WindowMode.New, “Drilldown”);

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

HI @idrusm52  The above code will redirect and open a GI in separate window, so that we can not combine this in the new tab.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @idrusm52 , This requirement you can achieve easily with Side Panel (Very cool feature), instead of customizing the Stock Items screen from code Level.

Hi @Naveen B 

Thank you for your idea and I manage to create it.

Normally if we create a customization in main Tenant, automatically others Tenant will have the same customization, but in this new action side panel, it’s only working with the main Tenant.

Please advise.

Thanks,
Idrus

Userlevel 2
Badge

Finally manage to publish the Customization to multiple tenants, case closed.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved