Solved

Creating Stock items in inactive status

Hi All,

Is there a way to set up the the system to create stock items in INACTIVE status by default.

Many thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by Naveen Boga 6 June 2022, 19:16

View original

3 replies

Badge +16

Hello, There is no system checkbox that will cause new stock items to default to Inactive status. I checked - there is no approval map available for Stock Items.

You can consider a Business Event to notify [Parts Managers] when a new stock item has been added to the system.

You can consider working with your partner to customize the system behavior and change the default status.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi, @nazly79  You can achieve this by having a small piece of code/customization. Please find the code below and also I have attached the customization package, you can directly deploy it in your instance and verify.

public class InventoryItemMaint_Extension : PXGraphExtension<InventoryItemMaint>
{
#region Event Handlers

[PXMergeAttributes(Method = MergeMethod.Append)]
[PXRemoveBaseAttribute(typeof(PXDefaultAttribute))]
[PXDefault(typeof(InventoryItemStatus.inactive))]
protected virtual void InventoryItem_ItemStatus_CacheAttached(PXCache cache)
{
}
#endregion
}

Thanks a lot Laura and Naveen for the suggestions. I will look into these.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved