Solved

Recommendations for Document scanners that play nice with Device Hub

• 16 August 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

I’m looking for a stand alone document scanner for use in shipping to scan all documents that go into the box and then attach it to the shipment as a PDF file.

I’ve tried a couple of different scanners (Lexmark and Kyocera) but they are not standalone and the TWAIN software does not play well with device hub as both require user input on the scanner and never sends the scanned document back to device hub.

Any recommendations of scanners that have worked for you?  I’m current running 2020 R2, planning to upgrade to 2021 R1

icon

Best answer by xkylewrightx 11 March 2022, 15:09

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

@claytonsummers did you ever figure out a good option that plays nicely? We are looking as well. 

Userlevel 5
Badge

We are using a Xerox D35-

Although we have configured it successfully via device hub, we did not actually use that approach in the end.

Using device hub with the scanner, it does require user input in the sense that you have to open up the file browser on the correct record in Acumatica and click ‘scan’.. Otherwise it would have no way of knowing where to put your files. 

I am not a fan of networking devices unnecessarily, however, so we just have it plugged into the computer directly. With a single button push on the scanner it will feed documents through and put them in a specified local folder on the connected computer. The user then drags the scans from this folder directly onto the file browser inside Acumatica -- super easy and you do not have to maintain the (pretty buggy) device hub server

Userlevel 2
Badge

@xkylewrightx thank you for the reply. I had similar feedback from a few of our users. so your reply solidified that we won’t be using devicehub for this use case. thank you. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved