Solved

Item Numbering Sequence that has independent Auto-Numbering per Prefix

• 16 November 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi All,

One of our clients has a requirement to have Prefixes to choose from or to type in that have independent Autonumbering Sequences behind it.

I know we can handle part of it through Segmented Keys and Values, yet the Autonumbering is Global.

What we would need to have is the following:

AAA0001

AAA0002

BBB0001

CCC0001

AAA0003

CCC0002

I hope this makes sense.

Are there any solutions in native Acumatica or some recommendations on how to customize this?

icon

Best answer by Hannah Barnes 16 November 2022, 18:39

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @krausef77 

It can be helpful may be https://asiablog.acumatica.com/2018/05/auto-numbering-customization.html#:~:text=AutoNumber%20Attribute%20generates%20new%20number,ing%20events%20except%20(RowSelecting).

Thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hi krausef77!

In general, if you are setting up numbering sequences that will use multiple prefixes you can follow the steps below.

In the steps provided, there is an added layer of configuration where I am assigning different prefixes to branches. 

Steps:

Use Revision Two Products - Product Wholesale and Revision Two Capital to test numbering sequences

Numbering Sequence setup (for production orders for example):

Warehouse WHOLESALE / PRODWHOLE branch:

Warehouse TEST 2 / Capital branch:

Results:

While logged in to Branch Revision Two Capital, create a production order for AMKEURIG45.

- AMKEURIG45 uses Warehouse WHOLESALE

- It uses the Numbering Sequence for branch, Revision Two Capital - BC-000001:

I hope this helps!

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

@krausef77 

I re-added the screenshots in case that helps. :)

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Thanks for the resource. We will explore this in more detail

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi krausef77!

In general, if you are setting up numbering sequences that will use multiple prefixes you can follow the steps below.

In the steps provided, there is an added layer of configuration where I am assigning different prefixes to branches. 

Steps:

Use Revision Two Products - Product Wholesale and Revision Two Capital to test numbering sequences

Numbering Sequence setup (for production orders for example):

Warehouse WHOLESALE / PRODWHOLE branch:

Warehouse TEST 2 / Capital branch:

Results:

While logged in to Branch Revision Two Capital, create a production order for AMKEURIG45.

- AMKEURIG45 uses Warehouse WHOLESALE

- It uses the Numbering Sequence for branch, Revision Two Capital - BC-000001:

I hope this helps!

Hi Hannah, 

Thanks for the input. It seems like the pictures/screenshots are not available currently.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved