Solved

Company level access rights

• 14 April 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

How do I restrict access for users to only one of the two companies/branches?

icon

Best answer by Laura02 14 April 2022, 22:06

View original

3 replies

Badge +16

Hello @antoons60 ,

You are correct - Each new user in a multi company/branch tenant that uses Branch Roles also needs at least one “regular” User Role.

User Roles provide screen access and Branch Roles provide access to see vendors, customers, and transactions that belong to a particular company/branch.

A user that is only in a Branch Role won’t have access to screens.

Laura

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi:

In the Acumatica 2023R2 version, when I entered a user role, the company got listed at the top of the screen. Since I was signed in with user = admin, I entered the user role = administration. It worked. It didn’t work without a user role. 

Toon Six

Badge +16

Hi,

Create a branch role in User Security → Roles, and attach the Branch Role to the appropriate branch in Configuration → Branches screen (or Companies -- similar Role setting is available in both).  Then add the new role the users who are allowed in that particular branch, in the bottom half of the Users screen. Or, connect users to the role, in the bottom of the Role screen:

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved