Solved

access rights to add/edit vendor item ID

• 13 July 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi, Is there a way to give rights to a user to just add/edit vendor item ID in the Stock items screen and save but not allow them to add/edit anything else on the stock items screen?

icon

Best answer by Laura02 13 July 2022, 19:44

View original

6 replies

Badge +16

@marisa10 ,

Well done Marisa!  (I knew you could do it!)

Laura

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @laura01,

Thanks. I think I figured it out. What a pain.

Badge +16

Access rights can be tricky. My suggestion is to read the help, watch youtube videos, keep trying in your test until it works and then repeat the changes in your production environment.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @kbeatty21 and @laura01,

Thanks. I tried giving delete rights to cross reference, vendor, and inventory item vendor detail (which is the tab I really want). also note for this role, stock item is set to view access.

when i go to modify the vendor item, it doesn't allow me to. also note there isnt a save button. 

i changed the access rights to the Stock items to edit and I was able to modify the vendor item ID and save HOWEVER i was also able to edit the actually Stock item, which this users shouldnt be able to do.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

HI @marisa10 

You can do that with the Access Rights by Screen. 

I would give a specific role to those users and then give them rights only to the Cross-Reference tab. 

Badge +16

Yes, you can select a role in Access Rights by Role, and then expand Inventory module, expand Stock/Non-stock  Items screen, and update the access rights of the vendor tab. If you are not familiar with the details of roles & inherited rights, you will want to practice this change in a test and then log in as the user, to make sure  you achieved the desired result. Then roll the change out in your production environment. Good luck!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved