Solved

Access Rights for viewing help screen

• 25 April 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

I have granted access to all roles for the Help screen (under the “Hidden”) workspace:

But my users can’t see the help file.  When they press on help, they get this:

Followed by a blank screen:

Where else can I set these permissions so that it will work?

icon

Best answer by Laura02 25 April 2022, 12:54

View original

8 replies

Badge +18

Hello,

Assign all users to the Internal Users role in the Users screen or in the User Roles screen.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Thanks Laura, any reason I can’t just add it to the other roles?  I’m not sure why internal user role was not granted initially by our implementation partner, I will need to check if they had a valid reason for that.

Badge +18

Hello @MarciaW 

I don’t know the answer to why it’s difficult (or impossible?) to add to other roles. Maybe someone else will come along and answer that part of your question.

I’ve been setting up Acumatica clients since 2015 and the way I was trained (and works great) is to add the users to at least 2 roles, always: the area where they work and Internal User. If entering time, the user also needs to be an Employee.  If approving documents, the user needs to be an Employee and another role that grants access to Approvals screen.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Thanks, I just checked, our internal user role (for some reason) has many screens revoked (I’ve attached the list), that our users would need.  But I noticed that the internal user has view-only access to the help screen, and I only have the option of giving granted, revoked, or not set.  Maybe it has something to do with that.  I may need to escalate it as our users urgently need to access help.

Badge +18

Hello,

In my experience adding people to Internal user does not actually revoke screens to which they inherit rights for other roles. But it’s hard to say with 100% certainty, since roles can be changed by users, including the Acumatica-provided standard roles.

I suggest adding one user to the Internal User role and then using the feature at the top of the Users screen to Login as that User and evaluate your results, before rolling the change out to the rest of the group.  Good luck!

Userlevel 4
Badge

Thanks Laura, I will try that.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @MarciaW 

The Help articles are set as wiki in Acumatica. Can you check if the user role has access to the wiki pages?

Regards,

Userlevel 4
Badge

Despite all the “Revoke” settings, this seems to have worked for all users.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved