Solved

Automatically add non-stock item based on sales order type

• 8 November 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Is it possible to automatically add a non-stock item when a specific sales order type is selected/created? For example, we would like to be able to have a non-stock item automatically added to orders from a specific channel to make sure promotional materials specific to that channel are included in the shipment.

icon

Best answer by smarenich 8 November 2022, 02:21

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@mikeho: as i mentioned, the business event solution would be the best for you. I just wanted to highlight you the only possible way to insert items automatically into the SO within the Acumatica Core Product.

Go the Business event way and you will be as flexible as you can be! 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Thanks, @PatrickSchlenker90. I don’t see a way to apply the discount based on the order type so it sounds like @smarenich’s business event/import scenario is the best way to go.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@mikeho: you could applicate the discounts to a couple of entities. You will find the list below (out of the wiki)…

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Thank you, @smarenich!

@PatrickSchlenker90 - it sounds to me like the free item feature would require the discount being tied to a specific item, but maybe I’m wrong?

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@mikeho : i think the Business Event approach would be the best for you, but for Completeness i will suggest the free item Feature, which is applicateable with the discounts.

https://help-2022r2.acumatica.com/(W(5))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=fcb8c6cc-1b39-4f5b-9742-ddf86a477710

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @mikeho.

There is no standard way to do this, but you can try one of the following:

You can try to do this using Business Event and Import Scenario. Basically you need to configure a business event on when order is create of certain type. Then event should trigger an Import Scenario that should create a new line and save the order.

Also you can write a code customization that will insert a new line automatically when order is create.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved