Question

The sales order could not be imported because the combination of the United States store shipping zone and the FedEx (Ground Delivers: Fri, Dec 1) store shipping method is not mapped to a Ship Via or the mapping is inactive in the store settings.

• 23 November 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

The encountered we encountered in the title is similar to this error.

But, we are using ShipperHQ as Shipping app in our BigCommerce store. We also use the Advance feature of Delivery Date and Time, to display the delivery date and time in the checkout.

In Acumatica syncing though, this resulted to a Shipping Method name with appended delivery dates

Since the dates are dynamically created, we need to manually map each date for same method in the BigCommerce Store screen.

Do we have a way where we can map one time the FedEx (Ground Delivers) Shipping method to any FedEx (Ground Delivers) + Date that BigCommerce/ShipperHQ provides?

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@jib87 , the only way I found to fix this is to provide mapping in the Entities screen where you place a formula for the Ship Via code that will read something like:

=iif(InStr([OrderData -> OrderShippingAddresses.ShippingMethod], 'Ground')<>-1,'UPSGROUND',iif(InStr([OrderData -> OrderShippingAddresses.ShippingMethod], 'Standard')<>-1,'UPSSTD',iif(InStr([OrderData -> OrderShippingAddresses.ShippingMethod], 'Drop Ship')<>-1,null,iif(InStr([OrderData -> OrderShippingAddresses.ShippingMethod], 'Pickup')<>-1,'WILL CALL','UPSGROUND'))))

Add all the different ship via types you have in BC to this mapping.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Since the requested service would be different each day, I’m not sure the formula above would work.

I’d probably try an import scenario and pre-import the possible Ship Vias ahead of time.  Try a week or 2 to test.  

Then if that works out, I’d create a business event that runs daily or weekly to add new ones and remove old ones if you don’t want a really long list.  

Let me know if you need help with the Import Scenario or Business Event if this is the direction you want to go.  

@Yuri Karpenko  Tried a simpler formula to test, but unfortunately, I still got the same error. Looks like the Ship Via from Entity Import Mapping does not override store's shipping option mapping. Tested it on 22R2 btw.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@titus71 , I have the formula above working in live environment for a couple weeks now with no issues.  I have a much longer list of iff statements in my formula though, to account for all the different ship vias.  I’m on 23R1 though.  If I’m not mistaken though, Entity Mapping always overrides the store’s settings.  You can also try keeping the mapping active, and disabling all the Ship Via settings in the Stores screen, and see what result you get (although, I didn’t have to do it).

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

@Yuri Karpenko I think I misunderstood where you used this formula.  Did you put this in the SO Entity mapping for ShipVia?  

That sounds much simpler than my suggestion.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@bryanb39 , yes, I put that formula into the Sales Orders entity for the Ship Via field.  Thanks for clarifying.

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Yuri Karpenko , did I get this correctly? Tried simplifying the mapping to validate if entity mapping overrides store’s settings.

Unfortunately, I still encounter the error. This is in 23R2

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@jib87 , how does the order look in BigCommerce? Can you send us a screenshot?  I’m particularly interested in how the Shipping Method is spelled out in BigCommerce.

The formula seems to be fine, and should default to ‘Flat Rate’, of course, provided that you have ‘Flat Rate’ and ‘Ship By’ set up as Ship Vias in Acumatica.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @jib87 were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved