Skip to main content
Solved

Tax not getting recorded

Hello Linkies,
I have been trying to record the taxes payable and claimable by created SO/AR Invoices & PO/AP Bills, but not able to show it up on the Prepare Tax Reports (TX501000) form nor on the Tax Summary/Details reports. Kindly let me know what I am missing here.

The Tax Periods are also open.

Thanks in advance.

5 replies

Badge +18

Hello @Harshita ,

Below are a few configurations you can check; these are prerequisite setting necessary for preparing tax reports.

Have tax reports been configured in Taxes — Preferences — Reporting Settings/Reporting Groups screens?

In Taxes screen, Tax Schedule tab, is the Reporting Group populated with a valid Reporting Group? 

Are the tax agency Vendors identified as Tax Agencies on the General tab of Vendors screen, Vendor Properties area? Is the Tax Agency tab of Vendor Profile , Tax Report Settings area completed correctly?

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hello @Laura02 , as per your suggestion I have configured the Reporting settings & groups as follows:

Similarly, I have defined the Tax Payable/Claimable accounts under the Tax Agency Tab -> Vendors screen.

Still not able to show up the details on the Tax Reports.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hello @Laura02 , just an update, I tried to reconfigure the reporting settings/groups for the taxes and it came out that they were not configured to be displayed up on the tax reports.

Thank you for your guidance.

Badge

I am having the same issue with tax report, after 1 month of transactions from a recent Go Live…

Can you please let me know what you did to fix this?

If cash basis, will need to run Recognize Input GST (ScreenId=TX503500) and Recognize Output GST (ScreenId=TX503000) processes first before running the Prepare Tax Report process.