Solved

Shopify Plus/B2B Connector - Price List Error "Phone is invalid"

• 9 January 2024
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Receiving an error when test syncing one of our Customer Prices Lists. The error says “Phone is invalid” but no further details.

My immediate assumption is that a customer/company account in Shopify does not have a phone number or the phone number is invalid. However, it does not tell which record is causing the issue.

Any ideas of input on how to narrow down the source of the error?

icon

Best answer by simonliang91 9 January 2024, 23:48

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@nathantrauscht When you sync the PriceList, it will try to sync the specific Company customer first if the PriceList included the CompanyLocation info but associated Company doesn’t sync. 

So you can check the Company entity as well, I think the phone info in the Company customer has not a correct format or number.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@simonliang91 I checked the companies and associated locations and did not see any issues with the phone number. But I will check again. It sure would be nice if the error message had a note of what customer record/location was the issue...

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@simonliang91 I am now getting this error on a specific company sync as well, maybe it’s related. But, I have check the phone number for the company, it’s locations and it’s contacts and do not see an invalid phone number.

Is there anywhere that lists the specific phone fields that are checked and to what records?

Is it just the company? Or company, location and all contacts?

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@nathantrauscht , the error “Phone is invalid” is thrown by Shopify side, before we send the data to Shopify, we don’t know about it. Shopify has their own logic to verify the Phone/Post code/Country code/State code, etc. 

When the Company export to Shopify, the locations and contacts will be exported at the same time, in the Company data level, it doesn’t have phone field. You can check the Phone in both Contacts and Locations. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@simonliang91 good to know it’s coming from Shopify - I guess I can look at the Acumatica record and compare it to the Shopify record to look for anything missing on the Shopify side. I assume, if Shopify rejected it that will help me pin point the record causing the error within Acumatica.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@simonliang91 your feedback helped me identify the record with the bad phone number. Turned out there was a typo in the area code. I was able to find it by cross checking locations and customer to find any that existed in Acumatica but not Shopify.

Thank you!

Hopefully, that will resolve the price list sync issue.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @nathantrauscht , according to Shopify API documentation, a phone number should be formatted using the E.164 standard. For example, +16135551111. As I can see, you have already found where the issue was. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved